Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles litigation and other legal assignments in accordance with guidelines established by the Corporate Law Department.
- Handles motions, arbitrations, bench trials, and jury trials commensurate with level of experience.
- Promotes the ethical and professional practice of law while interacting with State Farm associates, clients, litigants, members of the bar, members of the judiciary and their staff, and all others while engaged in the practice of law on behalf of clients and State Farm.
- J.D./L.L.B., preferably from an A.B.A. Accredited Law School, in the top half of graduating class and an active member in good standing of Bar in state of operation.
- Knowledge of insurance defense practice, including local and state discovery rules, trial procedures and applicable substantive law commensurate with level of experience.
Other than authorized and pro bono work, incumbents are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of the Company and candidates must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm. Must successfully complete orientation and training program as designated by the Managing Attorney or the Corporate Law Department. Travels via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities .May work irregular hours because of workload and nature of the work. Meets State Bar requirements and maintains legal competency by participation in continuing legal education programs.