The Validation Engineering Manager is responsible for allocating lab resources to cross functional teams, providing leadership in the interpretation of customer validation specifications during quotation phases and acts as the supervisor for the section, unit or group with full responsibility and accountability with regard to results in terms of cost, methods and personnel. They will interact regularly with local and global product engineering, the multiple internal and external manufacturing locations, and internal and external labs to achieve desired objectives.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans for addressing validation test requirements for New Product Launch
- Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment, technology, and personnel in producing quality products
- Develop Validation Strategies based on cost and quality goals
- Prepare Validation Test equipment quotations based on agreed test strategies and specifications, and recommend method of sourcing of equipment – in-house design & build, or contracted out
- Plan and coordinate global BU validation workloads by utilization of cost-effective resources globally
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of validation personnel to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and as specified
- Plan and define continuing education requirements in anticipation of future technologies
- Develop and support the validation team to ensure we maintain a technical competitive advantage (state of art equipment, test methods and test processes for new technologies and products)
- Plan CAPEX for future validation (new technologies) and fulfillment of customer specific requirements for testing
- Interface with internal and external customers and vendors to meet validation demand
- Coordinating and planning of testing at external laboratories including input for quotation process
- Coordinate the analysis of testing failures; ensure cooperation and involvement of all R&D experts
- Development of validation planning and test monitoring tools to provide actual status of validation testing to project teams
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards
- Excellent global communication skills, both oral and written
- Program management background, ability to use Microsoft Project
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Project Management Proven Skills – Multi Site/Global
- Data Driven Individual
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of quality systems and Gauge R&R, MSA processes
- Broad understanding of Automotive OEM validation and EMC specifications, and how it pertains to suppliers products.
- Expert understanding of environmental, mechanical, and EMC testing practices specifically pertaining to the Automotive industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Masters degreepreferred
- 5 years management and or project lead experience
- 8-10 years of related test and automotive validation or technical Experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.