Director of Staff Development
Full-Time Director of Staff Development
Lakeside Academy is a Sequel Youth and Family Services program for residential treatment of at-risk youth. Lakeside Academy focuses on the confrontation and redirection of negative behavior while recognizing desired, positive behavior. Throughout a student’s stay, they are challenged to analyze failures and experience success in nearly every area of life.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Staff Development.
Job Duties Include:
- Continuously evaluate and update training needs and requirements
- Creating and implement training programs and provide suggestions for the development of careers.
- Set performance metrics, evaluate productivity.
- Create all materials necessary for the training department and each specialized curriculum including; brochures, multimedia visual aids, presentations, handouts and/or workbooks, and testing/evaluation processes.
- Conduct orientation sessions and most of the training on campus.
- Provide performance feedback including assist as requested with employee performance evaluations.
- Ensure that all new employees are properly trained for their position.
- Bachelor’s level collegiate degree required or actively working towards the degree.
- Two to three years work experience in a related field.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills, and be computer literate.
- Must have the ability to work with Managers and Supervisors on sensitive personnel/payroll issues, and have the ability to demonstrate discretion in dealing with all confidential information.
- It is an essential function of the job to be capable of participating in physical training activities and be capable of physically restraining students if and when necessary.