- Performs receptionist duties that include answering phones, triaging calls, and greeting visitors
- Provides secretarial support, schedules and coordinates meetings for CEO, RMHN management and Board of Directors as needed. Accurately arranges and coordinates meetings, audio conferences, appointments.
- Maintains a calendar for the CEO and RMHN management with key meeting dates and/or deadlines.
- Maintains office supplies; reorders as needed to ensure availability
- Schedules and helps coordinate special functions, such as off-site meetings and/or retreats as requested.
- Effectively organizes and prioritizes workload to comply with deadlines. Follows up on projects, phone calls and correspondence
- Uses professionally correct office etiquette verbally and telephonically, manages and resolves problems/situations in the CEO absence, when appropriate, using initiative and good judgment to ensure matters requiring attention are handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of all areas of RMHN in order to provide customer service to external and internal customers i.e., answer questions, make appropriate referrals.
- Makes travel arrangements as requested for CEO and other RMHN staff in a timely and in accordance with RMHN policies and procedures.
- Accurately transcribes, types, proofs, collates and distributes a variety of materials: e.g. correspondence, policy manuals, reports, charts, minutes of meetings, proposals, agreements, etc.
- Act as liaison between RMHN and provider offices. Effectively communicates with physicians and office staff.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Acts as the confidential recording secretary for the Board and Committee meetings. Prepares resolutions and other correspondence as necessary. Tracks Board actions and works with CEO and RMHN staff on all follow up items, responding, if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and facilitates governance initiatives including communications between the CEO, the Board Chair and Board members
- Schedules and coordinates all board meetings, committee meetings and annual meetings. Is responsible for initial notifications and all follow up notifications to ensure meeting established quorums. Monitors attendance on behalf of the board and committees.
- Coordinates the preparation of agendas and other material for board and committee meetings no less than one week prior to the meeting date. Ensures consistency, accuracy and completeness of all agendas and supporting materials.
- Records and composes minutes from each Board of Directors meeting and Board Committee meetings within 48 hours of the meeting. Distributes to CEO and RMHN management for review. Ensures that adequate internal support is provided for Board of Directors’ Chair and Board Chair of each Committee as needed, including arranging meeting accommodations, preparing, proofing, editing, copying, and distributing materials, arranging video conferencing,
- Arranges meeting rooms, meals and other functions for special external meetings of the Board of Directors, including the Annual Board Retreat.
- Coordinates the process for nominations to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion.
- Provides support for monthly invoicing process. Works with Director of Finance to prepare and mail all monthly invoices in a timely manner.
- Provides support for the monthly credentialing process. Works closely with Provider Relations and Credentialing to ensure timely distribution of notifications.
- Maintains all provider directories to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Provides support for RMHN Outreach program in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance as requested for other operational projects.
1. Education: Associates’ degree in secretarial science, social sciences, business administration, or equivalent combination of education/experience required. Bachelors Degree preferred. 2. Experience: Minimum of ten years of prior administrative experience required with the most recent five years reporting to the CEO or COO. Experience in healthcare setting is highly desirable as well as experience working with Boards of Directors. Prior experience in Office Management is required. This is a position that is exposed to highly confidential material and the trait of confidentiality is requisite for this position. 3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software including: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook as well as use of dictation equipment. Keen ability to adapt to new computer programming and new systems learning is required.
- Ability to accurately proof and edit non-routine correspondence, reports, etc., draft routine correspondence and recurring reports, perform noncomplex mathematical calculations, and develop and maintain record keeping systems and the possession of advanced secretarial skills to serve effectively in a high paced environment is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary for communicating with internal staff as well as external customers, patients, board members, vendors, etc.
- Ability to take and prepare accurate minutes of meetings, phone conferences, etc.
- Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain alpha/numeric filing system, to gather and summarize data for reports, offer solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail, establish work priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and proactively and to maintain CEO’s daily schedule
- Ability to follow-through and follow-up on assignments.
- Working knowledge of hospital organizations and functions of various health care departments is helpful.
- Understanding of governance role in a health care setting, including role of boards and committees, and the confidentiality of information provided and/or discussed during meetings.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintains a professional delivery and appearance at all times.
- Ability to assess and balance workload needs in an administrative office setting
Job Number: 17008634