Sr. Civil Designer -- Greenville, SC
TRC Solutions, Inc. is an engineering, environmental, and construction management consulting firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. Our multi-discipline project teams provide services to help our clients implement complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is actively seeking a highly motivated Sr. Civil Designer to join our growing EHS, Environmental, Construction, and Remediation practice in Greenville, SC. The Sr. Civil Designer will work with engineers, hydrogeologists, project managers, and other technical staff in the Greenville office and other TRC offices nationwide. Organization, communication, and design skills will be essential to efficiently produce quality outputs, while meeting tight deadlines on multiple concurrent projects.
Our Sr. Civil Designers:
- Provide CAD support on a wide variety of engineering projects including site remediation, geotechnical engineering, permitting, solid waste containment facility design, wastewater design, corrective action and construction projects.
- Are fluent in AutoCAD primarily, and have the ability to communicate in various software packages, including MicroStation, to develop drawings. ArcGIS experience is a plus.
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine the best approach to prepare drawings and operate a CAD workstation with proficiency in a fast paced Engineering Firm.
- Support field assignments on construction projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal and external CAD standards and the drawing database.
- Revise or prepare drawings with neatness and a minimum of errors.
- Assist in the gathering of survey information and the development of plans and maps from field notes.
- Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying and scanning of drawings, prints and maps.
- Assist in the acquisition of on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
- Generate drawing transmittals as may be required.
- Maintain accurate drawing records by entering and maintaining drawing database information.
- Submit all work for peer review by others and peer review the work of others as required.
- Classroom education in AutoCAD (technical classes, certificate program, etc.)
- Minimum ten (10) years civil design experience utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience developing site grading plans, preparing volume computations and generating coordinate geometry outputs.
- Valid driver's license or ability to obtain a driver's license as this position may be required to perform field inspections.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, CADD Drafting, or closely related field
- Fifteen (15) years experience in civil design
- Experience with MicroStation design software
- Landfill construction observation and documentation experience
- Wastewater conveyance and equipment layout skills
- Working knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop products
- Experience in technical writing.