Regional Sales Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Architecture & Construction
The RSM leads our Virginia Beach Sales team, setting achievable goals and expectations, while coaching and mentoring the team to continuously grow professionally and provide solutions to our clients. The RSM is part of our Strategic Leadership Team, which includes leadership training and collaborative input into the strategic objectives of ABS. The RSM will work directly with our Executive Team and must be a team player, driven by the success of others, highly coachable and a proactive communicator with team members and Executive Leadership.
You will be responsible for maintaining and building the assigned territory, coaching & mentoring Account Managers, attending meetings, networking events, and maintaining relationships with business partners and clients. By outlining a plan for success for each Account Manager, you will ensure the team not only meets their goals, but exceeds them!
In the RSM role, you must be able to proactively manage, lead and inspire your team to drive results.
- A goal-setting, sales-oriented attitude; you must be excited to build a territory for a growing organization.
- Work with our other RSM to share best practices, develop consistent sales goals for our teams, promote teamwork and ensure our policies are consistent between regions.
- Building, developing and managing asales team capable of carrying outsalesand service initiatives in order to:
- Achieve regional sales, profit and strategic objectives
- Achieve strategic objectives defined by company management
- Onboarding and training new hires
- Managing multiple selling strategies
- Providing mentorship and coaching to your sales team by attending sales calls and ensuring that every Account Manager has every resource, including the proper training that they need to be successful
- Equitably assigning sales quotas and ensuring the region’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all saleschannels and resources through the quota program
- Managing sales forecasts, plans, and budgeting, while managing and assigning accounts using Salesforce
- Educating sales team with presentations of delivery of quotes, strategies, seminars, and regular meetings
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; implementing change
- Meets regional salesfinancial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for Account Managers
- Maintains and expands customer base by coaching Account Managers; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors
- Implements SPIFFS and promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating performance
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Partnering with Strategic Leadership Team to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Reviewing regional expenses and recommending improvements
- Building the sales team for the territory by partnering with recruiting efforts
- Must attain or already hold DCJS registration
- Must possess a valid driver’s and be insurable with our company auto insurance carrier during the course of employment
- Manage and develop Account Managers
- Training and skills management
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews and deliver documented feedback to individuals
- Develop annual quotas and compensation plans for sales team
- Inspire and hold team accountable to sales commitments to drive results
Uphold and Exhibit Company Core Values
- Be Passionate.
- Have Integrity.
- Be Kind.
- Be Humble.
- HAVE FUN!
- The PEOPLE!
This job operates in a professional office environment. This job also operates within diverse customer environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Work hours are dictated by customer and company needs.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
RequiredEducation and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent experience in related field.
- 5-7 years of overall business experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor a team to deliver results
PreferredEducation and Experience
- Knowledge of IT VAR sales cycle and environment
- 2-5 years of prior management or leadership experience
- Working knowledge of the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Previous salesexperience in the IT industry (software, hardware, etc.)
- Knowledge on the ABS products and solutions (Cisco*)
- Understanding how VARs (Value Added Resellers) operate