Senior Configuration Management Specialist
Vencore is seeking a qualified Senior Configuration Management Analyst. The candidate will have extensive working knowledge of the software configuration management discipline. The candidate will produce a Configuration Management Plan (CMP) to execute all facets of a comprehensive CM program to include CM planning, configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration verification/audit and data management. The candidate must be a strong communicator (verbal and written) and will interface with Program Management, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations and the customer concerning CM issues. The candidate shall provide the following:
- Establish and manage baseline control for software, hardware, and documentation
- Provide expertise to government and industry teams in the resolution of complex performance management issues, such as multiple baselines and patches
- Support the software build release process
- Maintain strict version control of all software, hardware, and documentation
- Establish configuration control boards (CCB) for managing software, hardware, and documentation changes
- Process software, hardware and document change requests through the appropriate change boards
- Update and maintain current status of records and documents in CM records databases
- Produce agenda’s and minutes
- Set up and maintain a CM system or set of systems that provide the following CM services: Access Control, Version Control, Baseline Establishment, Change Tracking, and Configuration Status Accounting
- Conduct configuration audits in accordance with approved plans and publish results
Candidate must be a US citizen, and must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area. A bachelor’s degree (or Master’s) in an Engineering–oriented discipline or related field and 8+ years of relevant experience is required. HS diploma with 10+ years of relevant experience is also acceptable.
Candidates must have a solid understanding of DoD 5000 and MIL-STD-973 CDM-related requirements, DoD Technical Data Rights standards and software change management principles / processes. Candidate must be experienced with Microsoft Office products. Candidates with experience in the planning and conduct of Physical and Functional Configuration Audits for systems and products are preferred. Candidates with experience with industry accepted CDM tools are preferred. Candidate should have a solid understanding of systems engineering methodology and techniques, as well as experience in developing and evaluating analysis artifacts/reports. Candidate must be able to think independently and be self-motivated, with proven organizational skills, ability to multi-task and support varied assignments. Good communication skills are important, with a positive and friendly demeanor.
Job ID 2016-45570