Supervisor, Contracts Administration
Under the general direction of the Manager of Contracts Administration, responsible for the supervision, oversight, mentoring and training of assigned personnel and management and administration of certain proposals and subsequent contracts/purchase orders. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage assigned personnel. Delegate work assignments to Contracts Administrators (CA), including review of proposals and resulting contracts. Provide leadership that supports healthy communications and working environment. Provide effective coaching and technical guidance of directs, and communicate as necessary with all levels of management and customers. Champion a team environment in order to meet project goals. Select, train, develop, retain, appraise and reward assigned personnel.
- Perform first-level review of customer terms and conditions with individual Contracts Administrators. Work with Contracts Manager and Corporate for acceptable alternatives for terms between the company and the customer.
- Work with the CA to identify scope of work and identification of changes.
- Ensure compliance to Contract Management work authorization and company and divisional policies.
- Provide status and make recommendations to management on various contractual issues, as required.
- Prepare and submit reports to management, as required.
- Manage cash receivables.
- Work with Business Development on continued and new business opportunities.
- Assist in the development of department budget, goals and objectives. Support all environmental and safety standards.
- Establish and maintain effective communication among functional departments, management and customers to facilitate problems identification and their resolution. Participate in and support the communication of company philosophy and information to employees.
- Assist management in establishing and maintaining departmental procedures for compliance with quality standards, company policy and procedures, ISO standards and contract requirements, etc. Support the enforcement of standards, policies and procedures
- Implement principles of quality management. Support performance improvement initiatives and streamline processes.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Maintain knowledge of current procurement requirements, regulations and policies, and changes thereto, ensuring compliance. Ability to multi-task projects, meet tight schedules. Must have ability to travel and obtain/maintain security clearance.
Broad knowledge of contracts administration and a thorough understanding of timing and issues in difficult negotiations. Fluent Verbal/written communication skills. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications software. Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related discipline. Over 7 years up to and including 10 years of progressive experience in contracts administration.