Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Vice President of Operations to join our team in the Southeast Region. This position allows for work from home.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Vice President of Operations
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration or related field required. MHA, MBA or comparable postgraduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience in a healthcare setting (with Master's degree); minimum of 8 years of management experience in a healthcare setting (with Bachelor's degree).
- Multi-site management experience is required.
- Correctional healthcare experience is highly desirable.
- Computer usage for word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, medical records, grievances, claims, pharmacy and other proprietary company/client systems.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to nursing staff, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Office environment with up to 80% travel to correctional facilities, regional offices, and client and/or vendor site.
- Work within areas of correctional facilities where conditions are not necessarily ideal or pristine.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Vice President of Operations
- Performance Improvement (30%)
- Aligns contract-specific goals and objectives and regional/field management roles and responsibilities with Corizon mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Interprets and implements corporate strategy within area of responsibility, and takes action to meet priority objectives by identifying, assigning, attaining and providing resources and tolls needed with assigned contract(s) and across the organization. Uses knowledge of Corizon's business drivers, operations, capabilities, and cost structure to influence strategies.
- Client Satisfaction (25%)
- Connects and aligns Corizon strategic priorities with client priorities and expectations, and takes action to ensure client understanding of those connections. Creates and delivers client reports that communicate Corizon value. Communicates and interprets client feedback.
- Ensures client satisfaction and retention in area of responsibility by developing and implementing action plans based on client expectations and feedback. Holds regional management team(s) accountable for performance against established client relations priorities, plans and metrics.
- Financial Management (25%)
- Sets direction for area of responsibility and leads projects in relation to financial performance including planning, budgeting and forecasting. Directs reporting/reporting practices and addresses complex/technical problems related to reporting as needed.
- Ensures accuracy of financial assumptions. Manages to annual budget and meets all financial performance objectives. Reviews and analyzes budget and financial reports for area of responsibility and takes corrective action as needed.
- People and Talent Management (20%)
- Develops and implements recruitment strategy for assigned contract(s). Responsible for all recruiting and staffing plans in area of responsibility, and for partnering with Corporate Recruiting to meet plan objectives.
- Establishes talent management goals and objectives for all direct reports and holds them accountable to established expectations.