• Preparing case documents, maintaining litigation binders/logs and case files, and providing trial support;
• Court filings with the Federal and State courts; electronic filings in the United States District Courts (ECF) and state court;
• Searches within PACER; calendaring litigation dates through ProLaw and maintaining attorney calendars;
• Preparing forms with the use of Judicial Council Forms;
• Document processing including identifying, marking and creating Table of Authorities;
• Making travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries;
• Processing new business intake and expense forms; time entry;
• Client service including answering phones, taking messages and scheduling appointments;
• Arranging meetings and conferences;
• Monitoring incoming mail, faxes, and e-mails;
• Filing and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma; post high school education preferred,
• A minimum of five years of legal secretarial experience in a law firm or other legal environment strongly preferred. Labor and employment law experience also preferred.
• Legal experience in litigation, knowledge of both state and federal court filing procedures, including eFilings is preferred.
• Knowledge of the deposition processes.
• Successful candidates will have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with FileSite or similar document management system required
• Solid organization skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion are also required.
• Excellent written/verbal communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are a must.