We are recruiting for the following:
Psychiatrist Medical Director
Location: United States - Iowa - Des Moines
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Medical / Health - Nurse Leadership
Responsible for providing day to day guidance, support, and leadership for the clinical and quality activities and supporting the Medical Director in ensuring the clinical integrity of broad and significant clinical programs and identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to clinicians in daily tasks and ensuring timely and consistent responses to members and providers, conducts peer to peer clinical reviews with attending physicians or other ordering providers to discuss review determinations, office visits with providers and external physicians as necessary.
- May participate in a physician on-call rotation for a 24x7 pre-certification unit, assists in the practitioner appeal reviews, appropriateness criteria reviews, medical policy and technology assessments, setting and implementing QI initiatives, and practitioner/provider credentialing.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company and may be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on external committees, and conduct peer clinical and/or appeal case reviews and peer to peer clinical reviews with attending physicians or other ordering providers to discuss review determinations.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Part-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
- 5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Doctorate Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- Are you currently board certified by the ABPN? (board eligible or expired boards do not qualify)
- Do you hold a current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in Iowa?
- Do you have at least 5years of post-residency clinical experience as a psychiatrist?
- ABPN board certified, more than 5years of post-residency clinical experience, looking for a position doing primarily UM work.
- Ideal candidate will reside in and be licensed in IA.
Company focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.