Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesaleschannel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. The AM will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management, and customer retention within their assigned territory.
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas’ sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer’s business and establishing a consultative relationship.
- Engages customers by linking the customer’s business priorities to the Airgas value proposition.
- Prepares sales proposals by quoting pricing, establishing credit terms, and estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas’ production/delivery schedules and logistics.
- Keeps current with industry insights, current Airgas product mixes, monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace intelligence including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Partners withinternal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer opportunities, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits salesreports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager through SAP.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financialrisk.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior outside business-to-businesssalesexperience to include proven experience and success in solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix sales solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work and succeed independently.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent local and regional travel (50-60% of work time); minimal overnight travel.