PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Kidney Care Advocate collaborates with internal and external customers, to ensure a positive customer experience for every patient from first point of referral, through education, modality options, and access placement and follow up, as applicable, to eventual admission into Fresenius Kidney Care (FKC) or through smooth transition between modalities. The incumbent actively promotes homemodalities to physicians, patients, and other groups both internal and external to directly and through Kidney Care Advocates and Associate Advocates. The Manager, Kidney Care Advocate supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy by supporting all aspects of growth within defined Regions or Areas of a Business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the VP, Kidney Care Advocate Program, oversees CKD and modality education programs for a designated territory to ensure every patient along with their care giver and support system (if applicable) receives comprehensive education on modality options including hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation aswell as education on hemodialysis access types with a focus on the health and safety benefits of AV-Fistula or AV-Graft compared to central venous catheters.
- Responsible for all supervisory functions related to Kidney Care Advocates and Kidney Care Associates, including coaching and development support.
- Responsible for providing monthly reporting on Home Therapies referral to Home Therapies DO and/or Market Manager.
- Responsible for training Kidney Care Advocates and Kidney Care Associates on all programs.
- Responsible for assisting with the navigation of patients along the continuum of care from Stage 4 CKD to initiation of dialysis, or in transition from in-center hemodialysis to home therapy, including but not limited to proper and timely access placement.
- Maintains high level, routine communication with physicians, partners, the interdisciplinary team members, Clinic and Home Program Managers.
- Supports and implements processes with physician practices as well as local clinics for patient referrals and evaluates the effectiveness of processes through an ongoing basis.
- Respond timely to all referrals.
- Assists in the identification, evaluation and selection of Home Dialysis patients and Care Partners.
- Coordinates the timely admission of patients, including urgent start placements into Fresenius Kidney Care Home Therapy and In-Center programs. Collaborates with management to identify and resolve admission barriers.
- Collaborates with Market Development HPSM(s) on relationship building with Nephrologists
- Conducts Home Therapy awareness programs for existing patients and Fresenius staff, as needed or as directed.
- Strives to meet growth goals by maintaining strong physician and partner relationships and identifying opportunities for increasing referrals to Fresenius Kidney Care and home therapies.
- Collaborates with Kidney Care Advocate, RVP, Market Development, and HT DO on the development and implementation of the home therapy strategic plan.
- Maintains knowledge of FMCNA Home Therapies products, services and strategies in order topromote FMCNA Home Therapies to the community through outreach programs.
- Participates in all pertinent FMS training and development opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, skills and leadership competencies.
- Provides educational programs to physicians, as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating communication of all Corporate and business unit Home Therapies initiatives to physicians in collaboration with the Regional Vice Presidents and home therapy managers.
- Responsible to ensure accurate and timely documentation of patient interactions and status, through maintenance of SAP database, and/or electronic medical record.
- Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program and all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
Travel to regional, business unit, and corporate meetings will be required.
Must be willing to work occasional evening and weekends, as needed, to provide modality education.
Extensive regional travel to physician groups and Kidney Care Advocates and Kidney Care Associates home base, with the objective of participating in field visits, assessing talent, and coaching and developing their team.
Kidney Care Advocate, Kidney Care Associates in an assigned geography with an estimated structure ratio of 1:22
Registered Nurse degree and 5+ years of related experience or, dialysis related business or comparable healthcare marketing or sales experience.
Subject to State licensure requirements, MSW or RD (or other applicable licensed professionals) may be eligible under the supervision of Qualified Licensed Staff
Experience & Required Skills:
·4-6 years’ related experience.
·3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management or account management experience.
·Minimum of one-year nursing experience, preferred.
·Minimum of one-year Home Dialysis experience, desired.
·Demonstrated leadership skills including, but not limited to coaching, mentoring, patient outcomes and continuous quality improvement.
·Prior management/and or project management experience desired.
·Excellent communication skills.
·Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
·Demonstration of skills for team building, motivating employees and decision making.
·Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
·Results oriented to exceed established goals.
·High level of emotional intelligence and demonstrated ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities.
·Proven ability to be a team player.
Job ID 17000O78