Responsible for providing high quality academic and, where applicable, lab instruction to students in a given subject through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear document of student progress, and support of academic success of at-risk students.
- Teach all assigned courses
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning progress
- Where required, track student attendance
- Clearly document student progress
- Provide a fair assessment for all assignments
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Respond to student questions on a timely basis based on school standards
- Provide necessary documentation for students
- Provide academic advising and mentoring
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are achieved as defined by the syllabus
- Maintain assigned "office" hours; be available to students as needed
- Participate in and provide feedback to institutional committees and reporting
- Work with program chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities
- Assist with new student registration and orientation
- Serves as a faculty advisor for student clubs
- Assist director of education in program evaluation and planning
- Complete and maintain an Individual Development Plan/Summary
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services and content/discipline specific development activities
- Complete annual appraisal with direct academic advisor
- Responsible to maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies
- Engage in professional development as required by accrediting councils/agencies and/or the SBU/school
- Online Instructors require knowledge of online delivery methods, principles and techniques.
- Developed teaching methods and performance development plan, includes teaching in-services.
- Demonstrates CEC Standards as defined for faculty members:
- Communication, Assessment of Student Learning, Pedagogical Mastery, Course Subject Matter Expertise, Utilization of Technology, Teaching Diverse Learners, Student Engagement Protocol Adherence, Promotion of Active Student Learning, Operating within Educational System, and Demonstration of Scholarship
- Possess 5 years industry experience/expertise based on profession and applicable accreditation requirements
- Candidate must have obtained at least a conferred Doctoral Degree in finance or closely related field from an institution regionally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or international equivalent, additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
- Candidate will also be required to complete a satisfactory background check.