Purpose and Summary of position:
Provide Environmental Air Quality program, procedure and policy support to the Bishop Plant through:
- Coordination and evaluation of operations and activities for the site to ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local environmental regulations.
- Initiation and management of related projects and tasks.
- Working with corporate environmental and legal resources to evaluate impact of current and proposed regulations.
- Interface with appropriate regulatory agencies and legal counsel on both routine and non-routine matters.
- Action as a liaison between plant and outside agencies, consultants and contractors.
- Initiation, preparation and submittal of necessary permit applications or amendments.
- Development of compliance solutions and systems to ensure site regulatory compliance.
- Monitoring, interpretation and communication of upcoming regulatory changes and initiatives to site management and affected operating areas.
- Conducting compliance audits and develop action plans to close gaps.
- Minimum of 10 years process/operational experience in organic chemical industry, oil refining, and/or pollution waste disposal facilities
- 5 to 10 years experience with EPA and TCEQ Air regulation applicability and compliance (e.g., NSPS, NESHAP, MACT, LDAR, etc.)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interactions with regulatory inspectors (e.g., TCEQ, EPA)
- Regulatory permit application preparation
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet concrete deadlines with clear deliverables
- Ability to work as a self-directed individual
Required Years of Experience:
- 5+ years process/operational experience in organic chemical industry, oil refining, and/or pollution waste disposal facilities in an environmental engineering role
- BS in Science or Engineering.