Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and performance related to HCA's Clinical Agenda.
Leads, facilitates, and manages work designed to advance the quality of nursing care for enterprise-wide operations. Effectively executes the HCA clinical strategy, aligning with internal and external partners.Provides clinical leadership for the enterprise-wide strategic initiatives for nursing practice. The position is responsible to plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional delivery of initiatives to support nursing practice and the HCA Nursing Strategic agenda. Incorporates evidence based literature and management principles into strategies and tools designed for clinical practice. Effectively communicates evidence based recommendations and provides clinical and operational guidance to support the complex clinical workflows. Duties include the ability to analyze and synthesize clinical research and complex clinical operations to make recommendations for practice change(s).This individual participates in the company-wide nursing community and works with the division and corporate peers to ensure practice strategies are well supported throughout the enterprise.
•Executes nursing practice elements of the HCA Nursing Agenda
•Serves as the Magnet subject matter expert; leading or establishing professional practice councils or other shared governance processes.
•Consults with Clinical Excellence, Service Line Leaders, and Hospital Operational Leaders as a subject matter expert for evidence based patient care and nursing standards development.
•Assists with developing strategies for improving the quality of nursing care, work environment, and clinical documentation through the establishment of nursing standards of care.
•Maintains current knowledge of evidence based recommendations, best practices, and emerging technologies in the nursing environment.
•Provides analyzes of HCA nursing performance by synthesizing performance on the Nurse Sensitive Measures Dashboard and establishing recommendations for process and workflow improvements.
•Coordinates clinical resources directly impacting overarching nursing mission and vision.
•Serves as a change management leader, through evaluation, development, and execution of strategies that impact the nursing environment.
•Serves as a subject matter expert on nursing and advanced practice nursing scope of practice issues.
- Master’s degree in Nursing with 10 years of experience; Advanced Practice Nurse preferred.
- 5-10 years of management experience; Director of Inpatient Nursing, or equivalent role experience required.
- Broad nursing clinical experiences preferred
- Certification in area of inpatient specialty area required
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- Travel approximately 10- 25%
- Commanding knowledge and experience caring for the inpatient population
- Experience with leading and establishing professional practice councils or other shared governance processes.
- Manage multiple tasks with multiple owners at one time.
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Effective communicator and educator
- High degree of flexibility required
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and across departments
Job Code: 10201-22738