Area Service Manager
Aimco is looking for an Area Service Manager to support the team in our Chicago market!
Essential Functions :
- Support the development and execution of a planned maintenance program across assigned properties. This will include development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs, developing site specific schedules for replacement/repair of existing assets, and an effective outsourcing program for contracted services.The program will ensure that all grounds and equipment are well maintained and in optimal working condition.
- Ensures Property maintenance operations are efficiently and cost effectively administered. Benchmark recurring maintenance costs and implement cost saving initiatives, where appropriate, to reduce overall facility costs.
- Supports the development of short and long term plans associated with property maintenance and service operations including short and long term budget projections.
- Administers policies and procedures for facilities operations.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Sources and arranges third party services of maintenance contractors, suppliers, vendors, etc.in support of established programs developed by procurement, operations and construction teams.
- Negotiates and resolves vendor claims. Conducts periodic inspections of facilities, assesses problems and needs, and implements improvements in operations as appropriate.
- Communicates property Maintenance and capital needs to management and ensures maintenance and capital needs are addressed.
- Ensures that regional facility operations are in compliance with established procedures, policies, regulations and codes.
- Ensures properties meet the requirements of all agencies related to affordable housing including REAC and other property inspections.
- Maintains current operating permits such as EPA Clean AirPermits and UST compliance.
- Ensures properties are in compliance with Aimco operating standards, OSHA standards including Lead Base Paint, Termite control, and ACM regulations.
- Respond to property emergencies, or potential emergencies including fires, natural disasters, or other emergency situations. Coordinate response with property teams,RDCS, communications, risk, legal, and local officials per Aimco established standards. Support the development and execution of all disaster preparedness activities and training.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with regulatory agencies,lenders, and other AIMCO departments.
- Escalates and communicates any issues to the DSQ or SDSQ such as deficiencies related to buildings and building systems; environmental health and safety programs; loss prevention initiatives; or any items that are not in good operating condition.
This position may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, facilities management, or business or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 6 years of experience in property maintenance management with strong working knowledge of facilities management procedures, program management, budgeting, training, and program implementation.
Skills and Experience : Strong working knowledge of construction systems and practices, building mechanical/HVAC/automation systems, energy conservation, program management processes and procedures.
Physical Demands : Ability to travel to multiple locations within a geographic area.