Sr. Electrical Product Engineer
Moog in East Aurora, New York is looking for a Senior Electrical Product Engineer to be the Design Authority for Moog Products, as part of our Product Engineering team. You’ll provide support for production assembly and test areas by resolving issues, maintaining product integrity, and influencing product cost.
Here’s what you can expect to do as a Senior Product Engineer at Moog ….
- Initiating clear production assembly/test instructions to operations personnel to maintain efficient production. These instructions includes formal Work Instructions, Acceptance Test Procedures, engineering memos, and Electronic Historical Record entries.
- Defining and scheduling the development of equipment to meet production requirements for operations department. These include assembly fixtures tools, production flow-line systems, and test equipment.
- Assuring and maintaining product integrity, and quality in production products. The Senior Product engineer does this buy collaborating with other Moog resources to resolve production problems, performing Material Review Board analyses, and assisting in evaluation for possible notice of escape to customers.
- Tracking key company metrics including, but not limited to first pass yield, and product cost objectives to maintain and improve company performance and goals. These metrics may be used to support the goals of other departments
- Developing a thorough understanding of all design principles associated with assigned product. Supporting the facilitation of design changes driven by the above items by redlining drawings, attending Change Review Board and starting the EO process.
- Training, coordinating, and evaluating the efforts of Product Engineers, Associate Product Engineers and Co-ops to support department goals.
- Identify areas for producibility and quality improvements in production assembly/test and product design. Initiate these changes and plan for schedule impacts.
You'll need ….
- · MS in Engineering plus 3 years of relevant technical experience or,
- · BS in Electrical Engineering plus 5 years of relevant technical experience or,
- · BTE in Engineering plus 8 years of relevant technical experience
- · Working knowledge of electronic products, both top level and sub-assemblies.
- · Working knowledge of electronics assembly and test areas, including extensive interfacing with technicians.
- · Proven experience coordinating and interfacing with customers and/or suppliers on complex projects or issues.
- · General knowledge in areas of Root Cause/Corrective Action, LEAN Project Planning, Product line transfer and Data Acquisition and Analysis.