Pharmacy Operations Manager - 340B Compliance
5 - 7 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics has an opening for Pharmacy Operations Manager-340B Compliance in our Business Support Services Division. This position is responsible for oversight, compliance and integrity of the 340B drug pricing program. The manager will be responsible for coordinating the management of the 340B program in conjunction with Pharmacy Leadership, Legal, Finance, and Compliance. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with other regulatory programs as needed.
The University of Iowa provides excellent flexible benefit options, an exceptional retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and generous vacation. Iowa City is a community of approximately 75,000 located in Iowa. It provides the cultural and social benefits of a large university while retaining the benefits of a small urban area with excellent schools and a wide variety of community activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Licensure as a Pharmacist by the Iowa Board of Pharmacy
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1/PGY2 Health System Administration Residency or minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a complex clinical pharmacy environment
- Experience at an academic health care center
- Management experience at academic medical center through residency or two (2) years as a manager
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide and accept ideas and suggestions in a constructive and helpful manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, creating positive working relationships with team members including healthcare providers, vendors, supply chain staff and pharmacy staff
- Job-related experience with and/or commitment to diversity in the work environment is required.
- Knowledge and/or experience with PeopleSoft, Epic, McKesson Connect, and Macrohelix™.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 340B drug pricing program.
- Ability and willingness to act as a preceptor.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, keeping multiple initiatives moving forward simultaneously.
- Previous pharmacy experience.