Our client, a fast-paced E-Commercedistribution company, is looking for a skilled, Buyer/Product Sales Manager to join their team. Need to have experienceworking with marketplace accounts.
The Buyer/Product Manager is responsible to work strategically with vendors and sales team to advocate for assigned and purchased product lines, ensure accurate and appropriate inventory and achieve sales goals. Defines go-to-market strategy; works withsales team helping them to understand product positioning, key benefits and key customers. Responsible to achieve stated sales.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Verify product is profitable prior to purchase.
· Continually monitor inventory; determine purchase needs.
· Enter Purchase orders in Nav.
· Manage the product life cycle from purchasing through sell through.
· Act as product evangelist to build awareness, product knowledge and drive sales.
· Develop product business plan/strategy including launch, positioning, content management, and pricing.
· Oversee product set up for new products and new accounts.
· Develop on-line Promotions, including plan and schedule.
· Train sales team, helping them to understand product positioning, key benefits and key customers.
· Drive product strategy through Marketplace and Drop Ship saleschannels; liaise with Account Managers to implement tactics to maximize units sold and margin.
· Develop Promotions for Retail accounts, including schedule, promotional/close out pricing, conducting product knowledge training & product sales training, and merchandising.
· Partner with Business Development to secure new partner relationships for product.
· Be alert for market changes and competitive activities, and respond appropriately.
· Monitor progress & analyze results. Achieve monthly and quarterly goals.
· Purchase Follow Up. Receive Invoices, entering into Dynamics for payment by Accounting Department, verify receipt of merchandise.
· Backorders. Review SKU Back Orders in Dynamics and replenish accordingly to expedite.
· Minimum three years of B2B salesexperience, preferably with technology products.
· Demonstrated track record of success in managing products through sales life cycle.
· Must have excellent sales, negotiating and marketing skills.
· Highly organized, project management experience helpful.
· Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to build rapport and make sales and training presentations
· Requires strong computer skills including internet navigation and at least intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.