Construction Project Superintendent
Applyfor this Position
Experience in commercial construction and distribution/manufacturing markets is preferred.
The Superintendent is responsible for providing overall leadership, management, and supervision of field construction operations, including direct supervision of subordinate staff and workers, subcontractors, and other workforce. In general, this position works directly with project management in a role and reporting structure as established for the project, and is responsible for the overall supervision, coordination and performance of all project disciplines in accordance with contractual requirements.
In general, the primary areas of responsibility are:
1. Project safety program
2. Project scheduling
3. Project quality control
4. Project profitability (with project management)
5. Leadership, Coordination, and management of subcontractors, self performed work force, and all workforce, and inspection agencies
5. Training and development of subordinates and staff
6. Helping secure future work by meeting client expectations and bolstering those relationships
7. Fostering and maintaining positive team relationships with the Building Group staff
8. Proper and sufficient documentation of field operations.
GENERAL LISTING of JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a general listing of job related duties. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills required for this position. These may be modified, added to, or eliminated for the specific requirements of the assigned job.
1. Develop, implement , maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program in accordance with local, state, and federal laws, as well as company requirements, as outlined by the BE&K Building Group safety policies and procedures. Inspect site daily for conformance to these standards and take measures to maintain
2. Assist pre construction and project management in development of the initial project schedule. Work with project management/supervisory Superintendent and subcontractors to prepare a detailed overall project schedule. Implement the project schedule and communicate schedule requirements to all project team members. Monitor schedule and in collaboration with project management provide at a minimum of monthly updates. Prepare short term “look ahead” schedules. Record historical data for future use related to schedule and logistics.
3. Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plantemporary facilities plan.
4. Actively participate in the procurement or “buyout” process. Review all purchase orders and subcontracts to ensure complete scope coverage prior to distribution.
5. Maintain and enforce a quality workmanship program with all subcontractors. Implement and maintain the project’s Quality Control Program.
6. Possess a solid knowledge of all plans, specifications, Owner Contract, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents.
7. Participate with project management in the issuance and accuracy of monthly progress reports, monthly payment applications, and internal cost analysis and reporting. Review, approve, and code subcontractor and vendor payment applications and invoices. Record daily activities related to quantities and durations.
8. In coordination with project management, manage and control project costs within assigned budget, including General Conditions. Monitor weekly labor costs against budget and review with project management as required. Maintain and control equipment rentals, tools, and expendables per control logs and monitor those costs, reviewing with project management against budget as needed. Identify potential budget problems and work with project management to develop contingency plans and other measures to control or successfully manage.
9. Understanding of the “business equation” of the project’s contractual deal.
10. Manage the building inspection process.
11. Perform and monitor all job site document control including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, timesheets, RFIs and field issues or changes, and any other site activity, as agreed by the project team.
12. Lead subcontractor, scheduling, coordination, safety and project meetings, and document.
13. Participate in Owner/Architect meetings as required.
14. Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk, document and issue RFI’s as required.
15. Provide technical assistance to the team and subcontractors.
16. Actively participate and lead internal company specific initiative or focus teams.
17. Develop and mentor subordinates in their career development and progress. Assist, provide, and promote training and development of the staff. Help grow the staff.
18. Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor, and vendor relationships.
19. Develop and execute the plan for punch list completion. Monitor and coordinate all work to accomplish, and the requiredinspection process to document completion.
20. Actively participate and help recruit staff, especially Superintendents or potential Superintendents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. 4yeardegree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSEA, etc) or experience equivalent to a 4yeardegree.
2. Prior proven success at the Assistant Superintendent/Superintendent or equivalent position, with 5 to 7years at that level, as a general guideline.
3. Prior proven success managing building construction projects; please provide project listing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Sound understanding of essential job functions, duties, and responsibilities of a Project Manager and Superintendent II.
2. Competent with personal computer based scheduling software, and any other computer software or program skills as required for the position. Experience Viewpoint Construction Software strongly preferred.
3. Demonstrated competency in managing site activity, labor relations and union agreements, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership.
5. Proven competence and proficiency of position’s essential job functions, duties and responsibilities.
6. Technical skills: Planning and scheduling, Cost Control, Productivity efficiency
7. Leadership skills: Communication, Time Management, Team Building, Managing WorkforceDiversity
Location: Axis, AL
Are you interested in hearing about new opportunities at BE&K Building Group in real time? Enter your email address below to be notified automatically when new positions areposted.
Updates provided by PrismHR Hiring
View All Jobs