This position is accountable for all aspects of a project's success from the initial proposal/bidding process to meet or exceed the clients’ expectations to the profitable completion of the jobs with a special emphasis on Safety Performance. This position provides direct support functional project teams in the planning and execution of the job including resolving issues, managing resources, project coordination, interfacing with client representatives regarding the projects progress, oversight of project accounting, training, mentoring and coaching.
Major Job Elements
- Manages overall project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, innovation, cost, and customer satisfaction).
- Serves as single point-of-contact, establishing, maintaining and managing customers and subcontractors.
- Manage onsite vendors and subcontractors to ensure level of performance is within scope of PMO expectations.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management and stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with the Henkels & McCoy established Project Management Methodology (PMM).
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its lifecycle.
- Mentoring others in Henkels and McCoy's PMM. This PMM is based on PMI's PMBok®.
- Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of Henkels and McCoy's PMM.
- Assist in the marketing and business development activities as required.
- Estimate and proposal development including analyzing scope documents and technical writing.
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related profession preferred.
- Three + (3) years of relevant (construction industry) Project Management Experiencerequired.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in construction industry Project Management Methodology required.
- The position of Project Manager at Henkels and McCoy requires the ability to work in an office setting as well as on active construction sites.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Experience / knowledge of construction operations.
- Ability to host productive meetings and present information to both small and large groups.
- Ability to review and understand customer’s drawings and contractlanguage.
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices, operations, contract administration, contract management, and standards.
- Travel will be required as well as the ability to commit to long term on site assignments.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is beneficial.
- This position includes but is not limited to significant time standing or walking on uneven ground, possible climbing of ladders or being in high places, working in tight spaces and in general, being overall physically demanding.
- Fundamental business writing skills required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or project management certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.