This position will lead the Day-to-Day operations of the Environmental Services department by directing all housekeeping operations overseeing the hospital and clinics. Will also be responsible for maintaining payroll records, and schedules. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES.
The candidate must be/have:
- Flexible and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused to enhance or improve the experience of the staff and patients.
- Able to lead and strong communication skills.
- Results and safety driven.
- Strong financial acumen (budget process)
- Experience in overseeing multiple locations
- Prior high level ES ops manager or mid level ES GM required
- Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of Sodexo's Environmental Services operations in the Health-care / Hospital industry as a Director, Sodexo programs and systems (TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Checks, etc) as well as customer and employee relationship skills. The ability to drive change, the ability to motivate/ develop staff and focus on customer service in a union environment. Strong project management, analytical, communications and computer (Excel, Word and Power-Point) skills are needed for this role in conjunction with a comprehensive understanding of Sodexo’s corporate and CARES cultures.
High energy for fast paced environment. Client engagement and patient satisfaction is essential for the success of this role.
The hospital campus includes several large parking facilities, a LifeFlight of Maine helipad. In recent years the hospital has created the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, and the Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing. The hospital has approximately 250 beds, and approximately 300 physicians. It is a Level II trauma center. Central Maine Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Central Maine Medical Family. The organization runs two other hospitals, one in Bridgton and another in Rumford. It also operates CMMC College of Nursing and Health Professions; and many affiliated long-term care facilities, clinics and practices throughout central and western Maine. The current president of the hospital chain is Peter E. Chalke. The Central Maine Medical Family is located a block away from the hospital on Bates Street in the Lowell Square Building, a refurbished textile factory. CMMC recently underwent major renovations to their emergency department.
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including 3 of weeks of vacation. Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of work experience in housekeeping or custodial services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.