Senior Business Development Specialist - Defense Programs
Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Specialist to focus on our Air Force and Navy Defense programs. This position will be located at our facility in Huntsville, AL.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to capture opportunities for Aerojet Rocketdyne in the Defense market. This involves significant customer and stakeholder interface to identify and create areas of opportunities and develop Aerojet Rocketdyne’s positions. Key customers/stakeholders include the US Air Force, US Navy, DARPA, and prime contractors. As opportunities materialize, the Senior Specialist is responsible for establishing win strategies and partnering with Aerojet Rocketdyne business unit and engineering colleagues to capture the opportunities. The Senior Business Development Specialist - Defense Programs is a recognized leader in the company and has overall responsibilities for planning, directing and coordinating business development activities.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Develops and executes pursuit and capture strategies and plans to win new or follow-on business, including, but not limited to:
- Identifying, assessing and shaping business opportunities;
- Creating and managing contact plans, and messaging to customers and stakeholders;
- Conducting competitive analysis;
- Identifying and managing discretionary resources;
- Developing Price-To-Win (Pwin);
- Identifying potential industry teammates;
- Organizing and managing the Aerojet Rocketdyne capture team.
- Maintains continuous and expansive contact with assigned customers.
- Provides Strategic Plan inputs for assigned Defense market segments and customers.
- Participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning organizational projects. Represents the organization in meetings, conferences and workshops, as assigned.
Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout Aerojet Rocketdyne to ensure the company’s ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
35% - Meet and interface with DOD and prime contractor representatives.
30% - Oversee development and implementation of business strategies for new programs, products and technologies.
15% - Oversee internally funded discretionary programs, particularly IRAD.
10% - Support development of Aerojet Rocketdyne Technology Roadmap and otherinternal executive level plans.
10% - Interface with Aerojet Rocketdyne senior-level management as required.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry and minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsibleexperience in Business Development in the Defense market, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience with Defense program diversity ranging from complex development to rate production.
- Previous experienceworking with solid and/or air breathing propulsion programs.
- Ability to direct and control overall organizational resources; considerable initiative, organizational skills; and the ability to drive convergence and resolution to challenges of substantial importance to the Company. Ability to interface and advise executive leadership on new opportunities and strategy development.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to understand and describe technical aspects of AR products - and assess alignment with customer requirements.
US Citizenship Only Required. Dual Citizenship does not meet job qualifications. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (US Citizenship required).
- Advanced degree in a technical area.
- Active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Previous active duty Air Force or Navy military experience in aviation and/or weapons acquisition.
- Existing network of customer relationships at the US Air Force, US Army, US Navy, DARPA and/or MDA.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.