Director, Suppy Chain Clinical Integration
HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 non-acute care sites. Job Summary – The Director of Clinical Integration serves as the primary liaison between the HCA Clinical Excellence (CE) Knowledge Center, HealthTrust Supply Chain Solutions Pharmacy and Supply Expense Management Team. One aspect of this collaboration is the development of resources and tools. The Director of Clinical Integration serves as the clinical consultant to provide guidance and direction working with Supply Chain CE initiatives and division/facility Clinical Value Analysis (CVAT) teams. This person leads change by promoting and using the Clinical Excellence methodology to discover, define, and deliver results. Moderatetravel may berequired. (25-50%) Essential Duties &Responsibilities(includes but not limited to):
- Serves as the clinical consultant across all division and facility CVAT teams, providing guidance and direction on clinical issues, structure, physician engagement, process and questions.
- Coordinates with Leadership and Organizational Development team and division and facility leaders to identify training needs, schedule and host training events and regularly scheduled division calls.
- Collaborates with CE Knowledge Center and otherpartnerships to ensure provision of research-based clinical evidence when facility and division value analysis teams are evaluating products/medical devices.
- Serves as administrator for Streetwise to review cost avoidance submissions.
- Transmits manufacturer voluntary recalls and FDA recall notices related to nationally contracted items to HCA Risk and Patient Safety staff, Ambulatory Surgery Division (ASD) Risk Managers and others as requested. Monitors FDA recall bulletins in order to alert involved HealthTrust staff members and HCA Clinical Services Group in case of recalls of non-contracted products that could potentially affect a large number of HCA facilities.
- Serves as Department Privacy Officer responsible for ensuring collaboration within designated department to evaluate and monitor operations and system development for security and privacy requirements related to Protected Health Information (PHI) utilized by the department.
- Proactively identifies risks, issues and cross-project dependencies.
- Reports on initiative and division program status based on established schedules.
- Coordinates efforts with Manager of Business Intelligence and Performance Measurement and a team of clinicians to ensure that medical devices are assigned to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Participates in DCMO/DVPQ, CNO and DCRD regularly scheduled conference calls.
Education Bachelor of Nursing or Pharm.D. required. MSN, MHA, APN preferred. Experience Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience and knowledge of hospital processes required. Minimum of 2 years previous leadership or management experience required. HCA-based system experience a plus. Certificate/License Licensed as a Registered Nurse, Pharmacist or Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
Job Code: 10250-1479