Req #: 1700313
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsible for facilitating the planning and development of HEOR/Market Access scientific communications. The Manager/Sr Mgr will collaborate with the HEOR/Market Access teams to create a compelling, evidence-based value communication publication plan to ensure timely and strategic communication of HEOR data. The Manager/Sr Mgr partners directly with colleagues in HEOR/Market Access to develop peer-review publication tactics with full adherence to company policies and procedures. This role manages vendor relationships and works collaboratively with external authors to ensure timely publication of value-based, peer-review publications. Close and ongoing two-way communication with HEOR/Market Access colleagues is a core tenet of this role to ensure published evidence accurately reflects research studies conducted and outcomes realized. The Manager/Sr Mgr is expected to possess a strong understanding of the needs of healthcare decision maker and the optimal approaches toward communication with payer audiences.
- Liaise with HEOR/Market Access colleagues to have a full understanding of evidence generation plans and timelines. Develop corresponding integrated publication plans tofully disseminate results.
- Possesses a full understanding of therapeutic area publication plans, including strategic objectives and timelines for tactical implementation.
- Assesses communication needs across all target audiences to ascertain gaps that exist between peer-review publications and broad dissemination/utilization of evidence.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies, as well as, external publication regulation including the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP), Good Publication Practice (GPP, Edition 2) and the Uniform requirements for Manuscripts provided by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
- Develop optimal communication tools and solutions to support field facing customer engagements.
- Understand the communication needs of population level health decision makers, including US health insurance companies, US governmental payers (e.g., Medicare), and global health technology assessment. Ensure that publications are developed to fully meet payer expectations and standards for peer-review evidence.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert for health technology assessment processes such as pharmacy and therapeutic committees, formulary decision, health benefit design, pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs), etc. to develop publications that strategically address communication needs and a strong, aligned value proposition for Celgene health technologies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the publication of observational, patient reported outcomes, archived database (e.g., electronic medical/health record), registries, etc. studies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on external guidance related to customer interactions and dissemination of scientific evidence in proactive and reactive settings including, but not limited to, Office of Inspector General, Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, as well as, provisions of the US FDA Modernization Act, Section 114.
- Develop external author relationships as well as an array of partners and collaborators for value-based publication plans.
- Identify vendor partners that possess comprehensive publication planning and medical writing capabilities to ensure timely and high-quality publication deliverables. Effectively manage vendor resources and budget to develop tactical deliverables.
- Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and workinstructions.
- Identifies and reports any adverse events (AEs) in accordance with Corporate policy and procedures.
- Attends external meetings and professional education seminars, as appropriate, to enhance knowledge.
- Ability to conceptually organize and analyze data, interpret, and synthesize complex clinical and non-clinical statistical reports to derive key outcomes and messages; ability totranslate scientific and technical issues for diverse audiences.
- Experience or background in working within the pharmaceutical industry, strong awareness of compliance issues and guidelines around medical education and publications.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams to ensure execution successful deliverables.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexible, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi task, prioritize projects effectively and proactively collaborate and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Some travel required (~20%) to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings
Scientific Degree (MS, Pharm D, MPH, PhD) required
Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical experience with strong preference for candidates with HEOR/Market Access publication experience (must have experience outside ofOncology/Hematology; I&I experience preferred)
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to workfor Celgene in the U.S.