The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the ongoing, effective operation of NWTHS Surgical Services and is responsible for the ongoing assessment and improvement of the activities within this department. Such responsibilities encompass not only the internal functioning of Surgical Services, but also the integration of the department into the overall functioning of Northwest Texas Healthcare System. The Director of Surgical Services supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence standards to all customer groups.
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER- EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
1. Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas required
2. Bachelor's degree required, or obtained within 6 months of appointment, BSN preferred
3. Master's degree preferred
4. 3-5 years leadership experience required as a Director or Assistant Director required
5. Experience in a 8+ room OR, teaching hospital of 250+ beds and trauma center preferred
6. Appropriate clinical experience required.