Director, Credit & Collections
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Director, Credit & Collections
If you offer experience as a manager and a background in credit and collections for consumer products, you may have interest in this Director of Credit & Collections permanent job position in Elkhart, Indiana. In this role you will manage credit, cash collections, and cash management operation and functions of Accounts Receivable.
Top Reason to Work with Us?
- Company was established in 1875 and is a leading manufacturer of a consumer product specialty offering both traditional design and quality and newly innovated design and quality
- Multiples sites within the U.S.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary and a large company that offers advancement
- Opportunity to lead and manage others
- Full benefits that include Medical plan options, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the overseeing of the credit and collection efforts of Accounts Receivable, including the supervision of the collections, credit, and cash application staff members.
- Evaluate the organizational structure, skill sets and personnel to determine the needs to be an effective team.
- Revise credit policies and customer terms to significantly improve cash flow from customer receipts. Implement, monitor, and enforce those policies. Ensure the company is in a secured position where extended terms are provided.
- Manage the cash collection and management functions of Accounts Receivable to ensure all transactions are accounted for on a timely and accurate basis. Develop and implement A/R and credit policies and procedures to ensure timely payment from customers. Placing direct phone calls and emails to those customers that are past due in order to receive funds and have customers in a current position.
- Assist in the analysis of potential acquisitions and ensure timely implementation of these entities in relation to all cash receipt transactions.
- Determine what new customers will be established by reviewing and researching credit payment history and financial history in order to evaluate, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations to determine credit line amounts and review/adjust these lines on a timely basis as needed.
- Prepare cash forecasts to evaluate future needs.
- Conduct credit investigations and collection on delinquent accounts and communicate all credit related issues to senior management and appropriate internal staff.
- Maintain SOX compliant processes and documentation, including standard operating procedures, bank authorization schedules, audit trails, and approvals and implement improvements to internal controls, as identified.
What do you need for this position?
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance or a minimum of 10 years of related cash collection, credit, and cash management experience; CMA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of financialexperience with heavy emphasis in cash management, A/R supervision, and acquisition integration.
- Consumer products industry experience, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations and UCC regulations.
- Financial and treasury system experience.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and disciplined approach to controls and documentation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented, organized, and able to set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of stressful situations with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite software.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members and customers.
- Understanding of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Requires some travel