As a Developer - Profitability and Cost Management you will support the Profitability and Cost Management process through Data Integration/Automation, Financial Modeling and Profitability and Cost analysis.
The Developer - Profitability and Cost Management will support the SAS ABM platform, currently used for Product and Customer profitability through detailed expense and revenue analysis, and responsible for creating a central technical support function to facilitate successful quarterly close processing post-go-live, ensuring and maintaining compliance with corporate standards for activity-based-costing methodologies.
The Developer - Profitability and Cost Management will play a key role in the design and delivery of a new profitability and cost management solution that supports multiplegeographies. The solution will include Project Costing, Traditional Costing, Activity Based Costing and Standard Costing as well as processes and procedures toautomate data integration between various source systems (Oracle GL/ Sub-Ledgers, Production Systems, HR Systems, etc). The new solution with be closely integrated with the Oracle Financial system and may include Oracle modules such as ProjectAccounting, Cost Management and/or HPCM.
Additional responsibilities of the Developer - Profitability and Cost Managementinclude:
- Deliver cost savings by minimizing the use of outside resource in the implementation process
- Deliver implementations on time and within budget
- Keep abreast of latest developments in activity based costing methodology, from academic and commercial sources, to lead best practice at Equifax
- Able to operate in a dynamic environment and apply sound technical concepts todevelop solutions that are globally scalable and flexible
- 5-7 years of experience with Profitability and Cost Management including Management Accounting and/or Cost Accounting
- Working knowledge of accounting principles/practices and Financial Data Modeling. (Profitability and Cost Management)
- Strong relational database design/build and SQL skills using Oracle DB and/or SQL Server
- Strong ETL development skills in an Oracle and/or Microsoft environments. (ODI, Datastage, MS SQL Server suite)
- PCM modeling skills using SAS ABM and/or HPCM
- Proficient in Data Transformation and Automation utilizing SQL and ETL tools
- Design and development of reports/dashboards using tools such as Essbase and/or OBIEE
- Environment patching and upgrades (SAS ABM and/or HPCM).
- Strong application troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Processes automation, redesign and performance tuning of ETL processes
- Ability to apply established architecture design patterns to software development
- Strong documentation skills, creating and maintaining design related artifacts i.e. data models , Mapping documents, architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams
- Knowledge of Oracle EPM products (Essbase, Planning, Oracle R12)
- OLAP modeling techniques
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance/Accounting, or other technical discipline with some element of Finance and Accounting