7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock. We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better. What can you expect?
Operations Finance is seeking a seasoned Senior Financial Analyst to support the dynamic Reagent Manufacturing business. In this role, you will be working within a fast-paced, matrix organization while supporting exciting new product launches, cost savings initiatives and strategic business decisions to help drive optimization and capacity for double digit volume growth.You will be the financial business partner for the Reagent Manufacturing organization as well as support the Rapid Assay and Livestock and Poultry Diagnostics (LPD) businesses.
Key components to the role include:
- Supporting the monthly financial close process (preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, analysis of variances)
- Providing timely, accurate and insightful management reporting of key metrics, actual costs of production, and identifying underlying trends to optimize operational performance
- Involved in developing budgets, forecasts and long range Strategic Planning through sound assumptions, judgement and analysis to ensure effective financial planning
- Provide financial analysis to assess and measure productivity, quality, and cost improvement initiatives and support capital investment decisions
- Assist areas of the organization through cost modeling to develop standard product costs while also performing manufacturing work orders analysis and make vs. buy analysis
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and audit requirements while modeling the IDEXX Purpose and Guiding Principles
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related concentration and an MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred
- 5+ years of progressive financial/accounting experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Proven track record as an engaged business partner who works effectively in a team environment to achieve business and financial results
- Proactive work ethic and a desire to be the “go to” person as the financial expert for Reagent Manufacturing
- A strong desire to succeed and an ability to effectively manage priorities while ensuring accuracy on multiple deliverables under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and excel modeling skills and the ability to provide insight to support business decisions and management of key financial and operational metrics
- Effective verbal and written communications, the ability to see the big picture, and interacting with Senior Management are also key components of the role
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and SAP (or other ERP) system experience are required