Installation & Maintenance Supervisor
The Installation and Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to provide operational supervision for the installation, maintenance, coordination, removal, rearrangement, inventory, as-built and documentation of various types of intra-building and inter-building backbone and horizontal cabling and connectivity. This position will be required to work closely with building managers and building engineers related to access, safety, pathways, and scheduling of various work and activities. This position may be required from time to time to attend sales meetings with clients and provide estimating costs. This position will assist in supervising the RGTS data center and various switch rooms AC units and power systems (AC/DC/UPS) using subcontractors who install and maintain these components for the company.
- Ensures proper placement of fiber optic and copper cable including station and riser
- Conducts terminations and splicing including STP, UTP, coaxial, and fiber
- Ensures best methods for the installation of cabinets, racking, tray and ladder systems
- Demonstrates expertise using TDR, Light Meter and Source, and OTDR and software documentation
- Troubleshoots and repairs copper and optical fiber cable systems as needed
- Demonstrates clear understanding of NEC codes, and TIA/EIA and BICSI standards
- Reads and interrupts blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Uses various installation equipment such as jack stands, lifts, scaffolding, cable pullers/tuggers, powdered actuated tools, drills, etc.
- Ability to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate trade and office equipment, and assist with installations needed. May be required to work at client sites working in cramped dimly lit equipment rooms and or in construction type environments. Electrical or other hazards may be encountered in working conditions
- Ability to be on call from time to time and available after hours to support activity or to assist with mediation or emergency situations
- BICSI RCDD
- 10 years of technical experience
- 5years of crew leading experience including direct labor and subcontractors
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Computer skills with the ability to use email and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
- Corning Fiber Installation (CFI)
- Corning Fiber Testing & Troubleshooting (CFTT)
- Fluke DTX-1800 Fiber and Copper testing certification preferred
May supervisor subcontractors
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.