Techncial Program Manager II or Senior Technical Program Manager
At Cambia, Technical Program Managers are the core to successful execution of cutting edge technology solutions that drive our consumer experiences and exceed their expectations. As a key member of a service or product team, they are charged with end-to-end ownership over service or product development to enable highly scalable and quality solutions. They have strong communication skills, a desire to innovate, strong user experience empathy, an ability to dive deep into technical solutions, and a background in managing the entire software delivery life cycle to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Proven experience managing full life-cycle projects or programs of an increasingly large and complex scale in a highly regulated industry.
- Experienceworking with key stakeholders to collect business requirements as well as working with Product Managers to collect users\ requirements and translating into technical requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines. Effective verbal and written communications with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization, including: facilitation, listening, and motivating stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience acting as Scrum Master and utilizing Agile best practices.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions.
- Demonstrated experienceworking withdevelopers and key stakeholders to deliver products or solutions.
- Knows how to prioritize user stories and acceptance criteria, gathering regular feedback, protecting timeline, and keeping backlog groomed.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- Prior experience as a software developerpreferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplinary, high-performance work teams.
- Experience building software solutions in the cloud and an understanding of cloud computing best practices.
- Experience influencing software engineering and agile best practices within a team.
- Strong customer and user empathy with a proven track record of working cross-group to design and deliver Services, Products and Integrated Systems.
- Analytic abilities and experience with metric management and reporting.
- Proven success in gathering requirements, defining projects and scope, writing test specifications, and successful on-time deployment of technology.
- Experience enforcing processes with key stakeholders to effectively execute on program initiatives. This includes requiring clear prioritized user stories and acceptance criteria, gathering regular feedback, protecting timeline, and keeping backlog groomed. Ability to escalate as needed.
Additional minimum requirements for Senior Technical Program Manager
- Demonstrated success in leading people, projects, and programs.
- Strong business acumen and business landscape. Demonstrated success in building software solutions in the cloud and an understanding of cloud computing best practices
- Proven ability in influencing software engineering and agile best practices within a team
- Proven track record in building high levels of trust with stakeholders through high levels of integrity and outcome excellence.
- Functional experiences preferred: Budgeting, Change Management, Client Management, Methodology Approach and Business Life Cycle, Mission /Vision/Strategy, Project Planning and Organization, Risk Management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence prioritization of key initiatives.
The Technical Program Manager II would have a Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 9years of technical program management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Senior Technical Program Manager would have a Bachelors (Masters preferred but not required) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 15years of technical program management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforcediversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Requisition ID 2017-23776