Vice President of Civil Engineering
CRAFTON TULL & ASSOCIATES, INC
JOB TITLE: Vice President, Civil
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION CONTROL# 2121203
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Crafton Tull provides employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals. All employment decisions at Crafton Tull are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We will not discriminate in employment opportunities or practice on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Crafton Tull will make any reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, except where doing so will cause undue hardship. This policy governs all conditions of employment, including, but not limited to selection, compensation, assignment, benefits, discipline, training, or termination.
Crafton Tull prohibits Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Crafton Tull will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
SUMMARY:Directs and coordinates activities of the engineering, survey, and inspections of Crafton Tull and Associates, Inc. by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates and subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of project related activities, costs, operations, utilization rates, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives. Ensures key participants are advised of their performance toward meeting these goals and objectives.
- Confers with Director of Engineering and Board of Directors to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Prepares operational and regulatory reports as required by company policy and regulatory agencies and ensures all are submitted to meet deadlines.
- Ensures visibility of the company through attendance at public meetings, participation in civic organizations, and participation in public service and charitable activities.
- Analyzes records and reports to track project progress, billing accuracy, quality control and client satisfaction.
- Ensures overdue and delinquent accounts are collected and assists accounts receivable personnel in recording collection activities.
- Monitors performance of all sections and activities through inspection, visits, reports and client input. Ensures Project Managers are making desired progress on assigned projects.
- Performs as Project Manager on projects as directed by the Director of Engineering. Assists other Project Managers as needed.
- Meets with current and prospective clients to determine needs, present proposals, assess progress, and provide solutions and contracts for approval.
- Ensures all equipment, including vehicles, assigned to the Branch is accounted for, serviced properly, and available when needed.
- Acts as agent for the company to sign contracts, allocate resources, approve expenditures, make disbursements and obligate the company as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Serves as member of management committees on special studies and projects.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages 3-10 employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Judgment and Integrity
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Action Management
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university is required, a MA or MS is preferred, with ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.