Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
This individual will provide pre-sales technical support for Commvault and partner sales teams. Primary responsibilities including but not limited to; customer/partner conference calls, conducting of demonstrations (promotional and educational) and presentations, design creation, licensing assistance, remote POC support, RFI/RFP support, assistance with automation and enablement tool development, assistance with development of internalsystems and processes, development of technical training materials and documentation.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a virtual systems engineering support team to provide services to accelerate and advance opportunities through the technical validation cycle.
- Pitch and demonstrate the Commvault suite of products through the use of remote demo’s, white board, presentations, etc.
- Assist with education of inside sales and partner sales/ SEs on general IT concepts related to data management and storage.
- Develop specific areas of expertise in complementary technologies (e.g. virtualization, storage infrastructure, deduplication) in addition to maintaining broad core product skills.
Position Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in systems administration, pre-sales or related field. Experience with Commvault or competitive (e.g. Symantec, EMC BURA) data management software offerings is preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong proficiency in data protection, archiving, networking, storage and systems administration with the ability to perform basic project management; typically obtained by 2-5 years experience in systems/network administration, pre-sales or related field.
- Well versed in Cloud technology (Microsoft,, Amazon, Google Cloud)
- Understanding and ability to articulate Commvault business and technical value proposition to a range of stakeholders (from admin to director level) within customer organizations.
- Knowledge of complementary and competitive technologies (e.g. VMware, NetApp, Storage Infrastructure, Symantec NetBackup & Backup Exec, EMC BURA offerings).
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, Linux and/ or UNIX and (Server and Client) Operating systems, virtualization technologies, SQL, Exchange, Oracle database.
- Proven ability to perform and manage a wide variety of technical validation activities remotely, leveraging meeting tools and communications skills.
- Periodic travel (10-15%) as needed.