Senior Database Administrator
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Database Administrator at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on supporting databases for revenue generating enterprise and customer facing applications. You need to be able to deliver towards support and innovation needs with precision, working with new latest ORACLE releases, and Engineered Systems and Appliances such as Exadata, ODA, ZFS etc. You must be able to see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.In this role, you will join our GlobalDatabase and TechArchitecture team in Danbury, CT andreport to Manager of the GlobalDatabase and Tech Arch team. You will beresponsiblefor the following functions:
- Perform daily ORACLE database administration tasks including monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation activities
- Plan and implement ongoing monthly and quarterly maintenance activities including patching cycles, upgrade cycles, security and auditing cycles
- Provide innovative leadership for ongoing daily and monthly activities including database maintenance, performance tuning, parameter tuning
- Maintaining and contributing to internal team-knowledge documents/runbooks.
- Communicate clearly in coordinating with IT teams to fix issues, perform builds, deployments.
- Perform database refreshes with ORACLE and EMC Networker\Data Domain technologies.
- Ability to work in a in a global team, interacting/coordinating with colleagues across the world to ensure highest levels of service. Must be willing to assume on-call support as needed on off business hours and weekends.
- Mentor junior level DBA’s on operational activities, administration, performance tuning issues.
- 7+ years database administration experience with minimum 5+ years ORACLE 11g, 12c.
- 5+ years experience in administering Oracle ASM, RAC, Clusterware, DGuard, exp/datapump, online reorg/re-indexing.
- 5+ years experience performance tuning both instance and SQL statement level tuning. Also ability to setup oracle partitioning, and experience with Very Large Warehouse Databases
- 3+ years’ experience using backup/recovery tools
- 2+ years SQL mail experience, including setting up and scripting alerts
- 2+ years experience working with ORACLE Exadata and ODA appliances.
- 2+ years experience in administering Oracle SAP, Oracle E-Business Databases, and packaged programes on Oracle
- 1+ years knowledge of advanced compression experience
- Ability to configure ORACLE MySQL DB architecture, installation, configuration setup on Linux OS
- Experience with installing Multiple Instances on single machine
- Experience with tuning MySQL innodb parameters in my.ini(configuration file)
Job Posting Number: 164908