Account Manager, Services, South Central
The Account Manager, Services is responsible for executing Yearly Sales Plan which includes Spares, Wears and Services for Mining and Industrial segments within assigned territory. The Account Manager role is one of high collaboration with many other Metso resources; during day-to-day business development as well as during implementation of customer-specific sales strategies. Account Manager, Services, is required to have solid understanding of the mineral processing industry: Crushing & Screening, Grinding, Pyro & Bulk Material Handling, as well as Field Service and Repair business around mineral processing plants. The Account Manager, Services is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with customers at every organizational level.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute individual sales plan for all Services product lines for Mining and Industrial Mineral segments within assigned territory by creating opportunities and generating sales from existing and new accounts. Continuous face-to-face contact with customers is required.
- Responsible for submitting weekly activity plans, meeting monthly customer visit target, creating call reports after every visit, developing opportunities and continuously following up and reporting on all open proposals. These activities are key performance indicators and are created & tracked in SalesForce.Com.
- Through close collaboration with the assigned products’ support resources, analyze Metso’s market potential within the assigned territory and develop specific business development strategies and action plans that will lead to market share growth and realization of territory sales plan.
- Develop a clear understanding of equipment installed base as well as customer spend on Spares, Wears, Field Service & Repairs related to equipment installed base; and effectively document and communicate this information to management, product support and customer service personnel.
- Responsible to provide timely and accurate information for the development of market-pricing strategies aimed to increase Metso’s competitiveness and drive our business growth within territory across all Metso product lines.
- Establish and maintain a good company image within territory by providing exceptional customer service, a professional business attitude, up-to-date product knowledge and thorough understanding of customer operations, needs and challenges.
- Be alert for new equipment opportunities and forward details to capital equipment sales team in timely manner. Assist capital equipment sales team with introductions to appropriate customer contacts and participate in projects and opportunities as needed.
- Acts as customer liaison to Metso by maintaining open flow of communication between customers and Metso’s sales support and customer service resources; and by developing strong professional relationships with personnel of all levels within customer organizations.
- Develop and maintain personal electronic portfolio of technical sales material such as equipment manuals, drawings and product presentations to be frequently used to support customers, develop solutions and promote products.
MUST live within assigned territory, South-Central USA (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in any Engineering discipline and/or equivalent equipment, spares & wears sales/service related experience in progressively responsible positions preferred.
- Familiarity with minerals processing equipment and systems applications in mines and quarries combined with a minimum of three to five years mining or constructionsalesexperience is required. Specific sales, operations and/or maintenance experienceassociated with field service and equipment repair, crushing & screening, bulk material handling, pyro processing and grinding equipment is a major plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to travel frequently. Extensive overnight travel to locations locally and in remote areas is required. Minimum of 50% overnight travel is required.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors are required. As well as strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
- A high level of computer skills is essential – MS Excel, Word & Outlook
- A highly motivated, self-starting individual with the ability to plan, organize, work under stress, meet deadlines and work independently is required.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately work on several projects at one time, and organizing, prioritizing tasks and working in a fast paced environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- Must be physically able to climb onto structures stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites, customer facilities, industrial plants and mines, inspect equipment for failure and process analysis and enter equipment access points.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through shops, and travelexperiences.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
- Must have a validdriver’s license.
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!