Bring your passion and professional knowledge for Software Quality to IDEXX. Our company is the international market leader in companion and commercial animal health with a proven history of growth and a track record of introducing new products and software solutions to an active and engaged customers. Join our forward-looking team of awesome Quality Engineering (QE) professionals who are committed to consistently delivering quality within the demanding Information Technology Department. A small group within a large department enables you to contribute and make a difference every day. Be challenged, be rewarded, and share in our QE Team’s success.
IDEXX Labs Inc. is seeking a superlative Senior Software Testing Analyst/Engineer for our SFDC-based CRM solution. This is a very challenging but rewarding role embedded within a great development unit, hands-on testing for a team and leading a multi-team quality effort. You must have excellent people and communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize, and at least 7+ years of experience leading testing efforts and enabling overall Team and Application Quality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively with the application team to design and develop effective manual and automated quality solutions and guide Shift Left Quality practices and early Quality preparation and engagement.
- Develops and executes formal test plans and procedures. Reviews and assesses test coverage to ensure thorough quality inspection.
- Plans tests, writes test cases/scripts, and executes tests.
- Performs smoke, functional and regression testing, including appropriate levels of testing to ensure application quality prior to implementation.
- Documents, tracks and reports test results, defects and other quality metrics. Enters problems and issues into system and participates in resolution.
- Contributes to build-out and maintenance of automated testing efforts in conjunction with Automation Engineers.
- Helps design and develop automation frameworks and automation artifacts for variety of testing situations.
- Develops and implements quality standards, contributing ideas and effort toward continuous improvement and Quality enablement
- Delivers quality process training and is a quality consultant to advise and influence business or technical partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination education and work experience.
- Professional certifications in testing or related areas, nice to have.
- A demonstrable record and mindset of self-improvement.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- SFDC Quality solution delivery and best practices required.
- Highly proficient in Test strategy, management, and coordination.
- System and application functional (manual, automated) and performance testing experiencerequired.
- Broad-based Development skills or exposure and working knowledge of best practices to collaborate and coach the Development Team toward Quality solutions.
- Ability to objectively evaluate processes and to separate technical systems into testable layers.
- Ability to execute tests and troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), particularly Agile/Scrum
- Experienced with CI, CD, DevOps, BDD, TDD, and using dynamic practices and frameworks to improve Quality deliverables.
- Experience with automated testing tools such HP UFT, Test Complete, Selenium, TestNG, or other automation tools.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 6,000+ people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries. IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology. We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement. IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness; offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus. If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you! We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance. About the Area: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazine’s list of America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Women’s Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine; the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!