LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
The IT Project Management Office (PMO) Manager will be a member of the IT Center of Excellence (CoE), and is responsible for overseeing, managing and leveraging the project and portfolio management program. The PMO Manager is responsible for methods and practices around improving PPM maturity across LP, and tracking & reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of IT projects & initiatives. The PMO manager ensures that the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to Business & IT strategy, and meets the goals set for the PMO.
- Ensure adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the IT project portfolio in accordance with LP guidelines, policies and practices.
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts of IT and Business/Functional leadership toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, including its structure, processes, demand management, strategic alignment, portfolio categories, criteria, evaluation, selection, prioritization, execution, and tracking, as well as measuring the achieved results.
- Lead the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to drive successful project delivery.
- Evaluate and quantify the value and risk of projects in the portfolio.
- Estimate resource capacity against demand, work with IT & business/functional groups to allocate resources to programs.
- Support and advise on project management best practices.
- Conduct post-implementation analyses to determine actual value & ROI realized by completed projects compared to estimates.
- Engage with and conduct quarterly (or at other intervals as specified) reviews with IT, businesses & functions, key stakeholder groups, the IT/CoE Operations Committee and other relevant groups to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs, as required.
- Conduct regular meetings with IT and key stakeholders to inform and alert them of any issues arising from the performance of the individual projects within the portfolio to assure the on-plan usage and consumption of resources and funding, and to highlight any variances.
- Ensure oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio; resolve / escalate conflicts.
- Monitor and balance the availability of required skills and competencies across project teams within the project portfolio.
- Support / advise IT and Business/Functional leaders on actions required to balance the portfolio of resources and services.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the IT project portfolios, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholder and/or governance boards, the IT/CoE Operations Committee, and other senior leaders.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
- As needed, perform the duties of an IT Project Manager on organization-wide and strategic initiatives of significant scale and scope which require senior PM expertise.
- Perform all duties according to company policies and safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Manufacturing Industry experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the portfolio objectives, and maintain alignment to business & IT strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and "sell" the portfolio goals and objectives to business as well as technical leadership.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up a comprehensive PMO.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver against financial and resource constraints.
- Familiarity with the use of reporting tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.
- Familiarity with one or more project/program management methodologies (such as PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile and MSP) and across a range of projects and programs.
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies and how otherenterprises are employing them to drive digital business and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Strong time management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and handle large workloads.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and Windows software applications.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in IT and business/industry
- Seven to 10 years of diverse roles and increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems desired.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.