Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
CIT is in the process of initiating several strategic projects with long term impact. These projects at a companywide business and functional level will be sponsored by the Executive Management Committee members and their leadership teams. To support these leaders and effectively drive outcomes, we are looking for experienced business process re-engineering staff to aid in the end-to-end optimization of our end-to-end client experience. These resources will act as internal consultants, supporting both front office to back office functions by looking at current state systems, process and functions to identify opportunities (correction of risk points, efficiency plays driving down cost, and improved client experience) and then drive the change. These specialists will partner and lead cross-functional project teams in these high profile initiatives. This role provides highly specialized support to business and functional support units and is responsible for the overall and ongoing support, direction, coordination, execution, implementation, of opportunities throughout the franchise. This role will manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously that are tied directly to the corporate strategy. This role will require the PM to be directly connected to the topic, objective and results of the program opportunity or end result. Additionally, this team will be responsible for the oversight of rollout and usage of a BPM tool that will aid the team in implementing automation, workflow and thus delivery value to the franchise
• Must have experience and understanding in the use of Business Process Re-engineering, Transformation, LeanSix Sigma, & Program Management
• 10+ years related experiencerequired (financial services and program/project management), with BS/BA degree, MBA preferred. 5+ Years of management experience (direct and indirect). Experience in financial services industry - Commercial and Consumer Banking, Lending, Leasing (preferred), with strong understand of the identifying project requirements and processes/procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• The function must have excellent documentation skills
• Process detailed/oriented, friendly, technically competent, responsible, analytical, team player, problem solver, with a strong ability to drive the requirements gathering process with Business Partners
• Have a strong Information Technology background, with excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of Business Process Mapping and Modeling
• Possesses outstanding analytic and problem solving skills as well as a strong ability to dissect up from business requirements and realize true business need in order to identify opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills and exposure to International assignments and/or client engagement with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Excellent writing and reporting skills in order to transform the conversations and the current working procedures into a documented business process.
• Analytical bend of mind in order to understand the business needs and the workflow of the management and the administration tasks.
• Effective oral and written communications
• Strong influencing and negotiations skills
• Demonstrated success dealing with senior and executive management
• Ability to exercise initiative, problem identification, problem solving, and independent decision making.
• Energetic leader who inspired others to the mission and cultivates partnerships (repeatable engagements)
• Motivation and enthusiasm, and ability to take ownership of initiatives
• Certification in Project Management (PMP or CAPM) preferred
• Skilled in MS Office applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Share Point, and MS Project
Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: