This position will report to the Director, Tax and is responsible for completing corporate tax objectives and compliance requirements.
- Work with outside tax and legal advisors on corporate transactions and projects.
- Prepare and review various corporate and partnership tax returns.
- Prepare and manage compliance for tax incentives and abatements.
- Assist with income, sales, property and other tax audits.
- Maintenance of OneSource tax provision and compliance systems.
- Perform various tax research and analysis.
- Manage and train tax department staff.
- Respond to tax correspondence.
- Interact extensively with the accounting department to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Document and understand complex accounting transactions.
- Must be able to electronically manipulate large amounts of financial data.
- Develop various financial reports for the tax department utilizing oracle.
- Assist tax department with SOX documentation.
- Assist tax department with quarterly close process and sec reporting requirements.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; minimum of at least (7) years of experience in a corporate tax environment; prior managerial experience highly desirable.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Master of Taxation preferred.
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision, Oracle, and Discoverer preferred.
- Property tax experience preferred.
- Advanced Data handling skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of work, and have attention to detail.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the internet.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.
- The ability to work at a computer, and computer monitor, and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.