World Fuel Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
World Fuel Services is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to be part of our Development team and help drive the design, development/upgrade, and maintenance of one of our key ERP systems supporting a business in the Fuel Distribution/Logistics domain.
The primary focus is to gain solid understanding of how the business operates (i.e. business processes) while also learning the current ERP system’s capabilities. This role is expected to operate at a techno-functional level (i.e. write simple queries or reports, respond to any ad-hoc request from business that might need help with data, etc). This role will function as the single point of contact for the assigned Business Unit and will work/collaborate heavily with all other Corporate IT resources to deliver the Application Development/Support services required to support the assigned business unit.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies
- Develop functional specifications to turn over to the development team
- Work closely with test and development personnel to define and execute Test Strategy.
- Facilitate the development and standardization of the business system analysis process in an agile environment.
- Active participation in the QA process (e.g. write test scenarios, test cases, participate in the Functional Testing process, work with business during UAT phase, etc.).
Required Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience in applying a Software Development Life Cycle.
- At least 5years of experience in gathering business requirements and writing functional design documents.
- Experience in implementing Order to Cash is highly desired.
- Strong facilitation skills
- At least 3years of experience working as AgileScrum team member delivering software in short sprints of 2-4 weeks.
- Experience creating User Stories is highly desired.
- Experience with Domain Specific background is highly preferred (Fuel Distribution, Logistics).
- Ability to lead meetings and small project teams.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment and be detail oriented.
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.