Senior Manager, Testing / QA ( Technical Services )
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD’s definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn’t changed – experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There’s room to grow in all of this.
About This Role
We need someone to lead a team of testing and QA professionals in providing a broad range of test services and solutions, ensuring standards are met and objectives are achieved.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Oversee team in delivery of test planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Oversee creation of testing strategies, plans and project documentation using risk analysis methodologies and tools that align with a project’s development approach.
- Manage documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria, gating), ensure artifacts adhere to standards and audit requirements.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing.
- Participate in test case creation, execution to meet timelines, manage/support team in creating reusable test assets for manual/automated test scripts.
- Oversee or chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects using metrics.
- Develop, manage operational processes. ensure QA processes tie into technology delivery practices, standards.
- Manage intake/demand/schedule, perform risk assessments, communicate/negotiate timelines, budget, staffing, scope, milestones.
- Manage business relationships to build knowledge of their business, applications and corresponding IT applications.
- Counsel IT and business partners, raise awareness.
- Accountable for team’s adherence to processes, timely issue notification, escalated risks and issue reviews, contingency plan development, risk resolution, facilitates overall escalation process,
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Implement and ensure team adherence to quality, operational, and service management processes.
- Provide cost/resource estimates and revisions, track financials, provide forecasts.
- Develop, manage departmental plan & budget to ensure funds are used appropriately, comply with budget targets and vendor terms and conditions.
- Manage intake and demand, coordinate resources. identify resources across work streams, ensure maximum resource effectiveness.
- Participate in test artifact audit reviews.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans.
- Direct/manage activities spanning across multiple product lines/businesses, involving significant scope and complexity
- Support all channels ATM, Phone, Online, Mobile and Branch/Store across North America
- Deliver and execute on an Automation strategy that can support the needs of IT and Business teams that employ a wide range of delivery methodologies (e.g. agile, rapid, and waterfall).
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Test Data strategy to support various phases of testing including DEV, SIT, BAT & PAT
- Expand Service Virtualization adoption and usage across all teams including QA and development
- Analyze existing Tools and processes and investigate and implement new tools for improving QA efficiency
- Lead Performance Testing teams and implement methodologies, tools and techniques to deliver performance testing for all applications across multiple channels
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD’s business and technology direction; assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered.
- Experience in leading multiple, broad and highly complex teams and/or projects which are diverse in scope (e.g., full line of business, tier 1-4 projects).
- Strength in setting strategy and direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals .
- Readiness to direct/manage activities spanning across multiple product lines/businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Sound understanding of strategic direction and can champion alliances to benefit TD.
- Ability to direct the development of resolutions, plans and strategies for operational advancement.
- Key contact / representative internally and externally .
- Expert knowledge in project financial management and reporting.
- Sound knowledge of external industry trends in relation to competency.
- Advanced knowledge of business and/or delivery practices/disciplines.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and IT processes appropriate to quality delivery development and stewardship.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.