Working under the direction of the Director, Global Communications, the Manager, Global Communications will play a strong role in helping set the strategic direction of the Russell Investments internal communications and social media programs, in line with business goals and objectives, as well as leading on the execution of related work deliverables to help meet the needs of key partners and internal stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Develop internal communications plans to support Executive Committee (EC) members, Global Shared Services leadership (HR, Technology, etc.) and major internal projects, including the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion program, as appropriate.
Conduct regular check-ins or attend meetings with business leaders and stakeholders to understand required communications support; provide counsel and recommendations.
Plan, write, edit and design content and manage Town Halls as appropriate for each internal client based on service level agreement.
Write, edit and distribute internal emails outlining business strategy, structural or personnel changes, processes and procedures.
Develop and train key contacts in business on self-serve communications tools, as needed (e.g. branded email templates).
Serve as a primary editor and clearinghouse for all content, in partnership with Director, Global Communications; advise on communications best practices.
Serve as managing editor for corporate intranet Russell Investments Web; create and manage editorial decision tree and content calendar; develop story ideas; write, edit and post stories; ensure adherence to AP Style.
Provide associateevent and video hosting support, as needed.
Write and edit bios for client-facing associates to ensure they are well-written and adherence to firm’s internal guidelines and brand.
Lead annual internal communications survey and report results.
Develop overall social media strategy in support of corporate and business priorities and suitable for implementation in highly regulated financial services industry.
Develop social media content plan/calendar prioritizing content tied to corporate and business unit priorities and campaigns.
Provide daily management and monitoring of Russell Investments’ global social mediachannels (chiefly Twitter and LinkedIn).
Write, edit and post social media content.
Manage global social media metrics reporting and liaise with digital marketing as appropriate; monitor performance trends and make recommendations to enhance performance or create efficiencies in metrics reporting processes.
Provide training for marketers and subject matter experts on social content creation best practices and review process.
Routinely review and recommend adoption of new social media workflow tools, as appropriate.
Partner with Compliance on content review, process development and policy creation to ensure that team meets all regulatory requirements; perform all recordkeeping necessary to satisfy Compliance requirements.
Develop and/or maintain documentation necessary for social media program implementation, including social media style and content creation training guides; channel plans; global social media policy.
Oversee implementation of global associate advocacy program, which would enable associates to share the company’s social media postings with their personal LinkedInnetworks.
Partner with marketing teams, as needed, on paid social mediapromotions.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations role, preferably in the financial services/asset management industry.
- Strong experience and interest in a variety of communications disciplines, including internal communications, social media and public relations.
- Experience working in the financial services sector or another similarly technical field (healthcare; technology) is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency of excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to write about complex topics in a simple, easy to understand way. Attention to detail is essential.
- Demonstrated mastery of Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- “Digitally savvy” and experienced in social media (e.g. content, workflow, metrics)
- Ability to work on-on-one with business leaders and partners (at all levels of the organization) on internal communications projects – from conception to launch – and provide strategic advice and execution support throughout the process.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once while delivering high quality work, adhering to standards for internal client service and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Highly geared toward proactive work, detail-orientation, resourcefulness and continual learning.
- Critical thinker with ability to analyze information and make well thought out decisions
- Strong team ethic and collaborative work style, but able to work independently, assume responsibility and be accountable.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated disposition toward flexibility – comfortable with changing direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field required.
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desiredinvestment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforcediversity.