In the role of Business Analyst, you are responsible for working with Information Technology and business groups to provide a comprehensive range of IT business analysis led services for clients with diverse business and technology needs. Promotes the appropriate application of IT solutions to business problems, and undertakes comprehensive business needs assessments and analysis of complex business requirements for IT business solutions for respective clients. Prepares and advises on business analysis policies, processes, best practices and standards to promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice within the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Promotes the appropriate application of IT solutions to business problems and undertakes comprehensive business needs assessments and analysis of complex business requirements for IT Business solutions for clients.
- Prepares and advises on business analysis policies, processes, best practices and standards to promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice within the organization.
- Leads and conducts business analysis in order to assess client’s business problems/opportunities and documents the business requirements in such a way that technology solutions can be determined.
- Applies re-engineering concepts to promote business improvements through alternative, cost effective service delivery approaches.
- Leads and conducts business analysis at varying levels of detail, appropriate to the project and phases of project, to align to business strategy, project management methodology, enterprise architecture and gating and standard systems development methodologies.
- Assists with the development of strategies and preparation for business cases for business IT initiatives.
- Conducts business modeling, use case modeling, conceptual and logical data modeling, process and data flow modeling; use case surveys, business rules definition and non-functional requirements definitions for assigned projects.
- Monitors progress, resolves problems and reports regularly to management and decision makers.
- Develops performance measures for Business Analysis evaluation and conducts follow up.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- University or college degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience with software development, data modeling, and functional flow diagrams.
- Strength in Business Process Mapping, Business Requirements Gathering, Use Cases and Change Management.
- Strong business analysis and Quality Assurance and testing skills both manual and automated testing
- Detail analysis reports based on activities and operational metrics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in the use of tools to document requirements and scope.
- Experience conducting and documenting JAD Sessions.
- Awareness of emerging IT trends and technologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills. (samples of documents produced will be required for review – looking for strong skills formatting in Word)
- Able to write test scripts and test cases
- Performance indicators and analytics.
- KPI (e.g. Change variance).
- Performance Indicators (e.g. Activity trends, planbudget vs work cost est.).
- Knowledge of Bug Tracker would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working on a SCRUM project team.
- Experience with SPARX or modelling tools would be a strong asset.
- A team player with a strong track record for meeting deadlines.