The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing the JLL Health and Safety operations across a portfolio and for leading a compliance and training program that meets JLL, client and statutory requirements.
- Manage all aspects of EH&S training from reporting, tracking, maintaining, developing, and providing training to the account.
- Provide Safety Training (train the trainer) to ensure that facility teams (both site specific and portfolio-wide) receive required training, including but not limited to: Confined Space, Power truck, Ergonomics.
- Support behavioral based safety training program (SafeStart)
- Oversee the tracking and monitoring of EH&S performance metrics and manage all EH&S reporting.
- Ensure AIMS entries are done on time, account KPIs are maintained, OSHA logs are accurate, and all incidents and injuries are escalated on time.
- Analyze and track audits - make regular reports
- SITE SUPPORT
- Create, develop and implement EH&S policies, practices and programs at the site level.
- Provide guidance and advice on EH&S management at all levels on the account.
- Provide technical advice on all relevant EHS issues to the account team and on changes in legislation that will impact service delivery.
- Lead EH&S standards to prevent accidents, incidents and events that could harm employees and/or property of client.
- EH&S related investigations and root cause analyses (RCAs).
- Provide direct support to JLL employees on all matters related to industry EH&S compliance, as well as specific client compliance or site specific operating requirements.
- Promote and develop a positive Health and Safety culture at all levels throughout the account.
- MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE
- Support sites during audits from client, corporate, EH&S staff, as well as outside agencies such as OSHA, fire/building departments, health inspectors, air quality inspectors, and insurance representatives.
- Manage contractor safety programs. Ensuring programs are in place and manage a third party supplier ISNetWorld/PICS to assist.
- Support OSHA VPP recertification process as requested by the client.
- Support the health and safety sections for the Engineering Services Compliance Program.
- INCIDENT INVESTIGATION AND INSPECTIONS
- Support and assist sites with root cause investigations and near miss presentations.
- Conduct Health and Safety Systems inspections and audit workplace standards and activities
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area or equivalent combination of education and relevant field experience
- Master’s Degree in relevant field
- 5 years prior experience in comparable EH&S program, 8 years prior experience in comparable EH&S programpreferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- General Industry OSHA 10/30 Hour Instructor a plus.
- OSHA certification
- Applicable certification desired (CHM, CSHM, CIH, CSP, CEP)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Working knowledge of relevant current legislation.
- Practical working knowledge of Health and Safety tools and techniques, ideally within a Facilities Management environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant standards, legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures.
- Presentation skills to deliver specialist advice at all levels and to deliver localized training to staff as required.
- Six Sigma
- Other abilities
- Strong organizational skills, information management proficiency and collaborative management style are needed.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends and related best practice.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills in order to establish credibility with colleagues and senior management.
- Ability to work through and identify the root cause of any problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out an audit and gather objective evidence through observation, interview and sampling ofdocuments and records.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ CONDITIONS
- Ability to stand for long durations, climb ladders, walk for extended periods of time.