What you’ll be doing …
The Technical Support Engineer works primarily with enterprise customers of Tableau’s server and desktop products, proactively assisting them with post- sales installation, configuration and set up tasks, or customers of Tableau’s Desktop products, proactively assisting them with post-sales installation, data connectivity, performance and analysis of data. Responsibilities include taking a proactive leadership role working with the Support team to triage and resolve highly complex, technical, and application-related issues which impact product performance in customer-specific environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer adoption of Tableau products. In addition to working with customers, the Technical Support Engineer will routinely partner with our Development, Sustaining Engineering and Sales Engineering organizations to resolve support issues, document bugs, provide UAT on product builds, and ensure that new and newly upgraded server installations are successful.
Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is required for this role.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Collaborate and consult with select server and desktop clients to implement successful launches, and to resolve highly complex technical issues associated with deployment
- Partner with clients and help them optimize their use of Tableau Software
- Lead support case resolution efforts for prescribed customer cases
- Extensively research and document customer software and technical issues
- Collaborate with User Support, Escalation Engineering and Sales Consultants to identify high priority server issues and partner with Development and Quality Engineering teams as needed
- Mentor Technical Support Engineers in researching, resolving and documenting customer server issues
- Act as the primary technical liaison between customers and other Tableau departments as issues are resolved
- Develop, document, mentor, and train others in support procedures for server-related technical triage and problem solving
Who you are …
- Experienced. You have 1+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting mission-critical commercial software applications.
- Domain. Strong understanding of relational databases, networking, server set-up, and administration.
- Service Minded. You deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with excellence and confidence.
- Educated. BA/BS degree in CS or technical degrees; equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Detail oriented. You have an ability to prioritize a high volume workload in a timely manner.
- Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the difficult challenges and quickly arrive at the best solution.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!