We have an opening in our Frankfort, IN location for a PRODUCTION MANAGER.
The Production Manager has major responsibility for meeting all Safety, Health, and Environmental requirements of the Frankfort Plant. They will be accountable for the production & warehouse process, which includes responsibility for Shift Leaders, Emulsion Technicians, and all associated equipment. The Production Manager is responsible for adhering to the detailed production schedule, maintaining all metric requirements, and leading continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility. Other requirements include meeting ISO standards, developing Class ‘A’ behavior, providing development opportunities for reports, and leading cross functional, cross site, and global communications and sharing.
- Give Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) the first priority – always ! ·
- Understand Risks. Each employee must submit Risk Assessments. ·
- Make Safe Choices. All rules and procedures must be followed.
- Unsafe practices will not be tolerated. It is your responsibility to meet the standards required. · Prevent incidents.
- Report all incidents and Near Misses. Share your learning’s and learn from other’s sharing. Each employee must submit Near Miss Reports. ·
- Participate in incident / Near Miss investigations.
- Correct unsafe behavior and conditions by using good root cause analysis to generate effective corrective actions. ·
- Participate in Safety Meetings and SHE related activities. (Safety Committee, Housekeeping Team, SHE Training, Hazard Studies, Audits, and etc.) ·
- Ensure compliance with OSHA PSM Mechanical Integrity, Safety Systems requirements and compliance with ISA 84.00.01-2004, 91.00.01-2001, and other related ISA standards. ·
- Monitor ZIP/SAFE, Paranoid for Safety, Safety override, Power of 10 and Work Permit programs to ensure personnel are engaged and completing activities/actions in a timely manner. Develop annual site mfg. plan; report results monthly to the NMA Operations Director.
- Accountable for the production process, which includes responsibility for Shift Leaders, Emulsion Technicians, and all associated equipment.
- Participate on the Emulsions Process Technology Team (EPTT) to improve the introduction of new products at the Frankfort Plant.
- Assist in the development and scale-up of new products.
- Develop, implement, communicate, and upgrade capacity plans to meet business needs.
- With assistance of designated project managers, meet capital program implementation schedules, cost constraints and spending goals through the use of both DSM Coating Resins Capital Stage gate and DSM Small Investment tools.
- Coordinate plant contractor activities (selection, requirements, training, orientation, job review, safe work permitting requirements, evaluation)
- Ensure that once installed that commissioning activities are implemented and completed before plant acceptance.
- Technical degree (Engineering or Chemistry), or equivalent experience
- Advanced business degree (MBA), or 3+ years of related experience and/or training
- Balance of strategic/tactical thinking required
- Formal safety and environmental training
- Coaching and mentoring skills required
- Experience in chemical production
- Broad experience in all areas of business process
- Team building skills required
- Must combine visionary and long-term perspective with need to show results
- Project management experience
- Industrial SHE and regulatory knowledge and experience
Working for DSM means the opportunity to contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Requisition ID 14821