In 2015, TRW Automotive was acquired by global automobile supplier ZF Friedrichshafen AG. ZF TRW is now a division of the parent company, with headquarters in Livonia, Michigan.
ZF TRW is a primary developer and producer of active and passive safety systems and serves all major vehicle manufacturers worldwide with an established footprint that includes facilities in more than 20 countries. It maintains 22 technical centers and 13 test tracks in vital markets around the world.
The world of automotive safety is rapidly changing as the convergence of active and passive safety systems become the foundation for automated driving functions. ZF TRW is already providing many driver assist and semi-automated functions today, such as adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot detection, lane change assist, emergency steering assist, and emergency brake assist and collision mitigating. To follow ZF TRW on its automated driving journey, visit its AutoSafety blog at http://safety.trw.com .
This position requires a strong Mechanical Engineer experienced in the automotive industry preferably with switch design experience in Steering Column Control Modules, including Multi-Function Switches, Clocksprings, and/or Steering Angle Sensors. Any experience related to HMI development, resin material selection, lubricant selection and A surface development will be a plus.
- Designing and validatingmechanical components of the switch assemblies.
- Developing and maintaining timing of engineering tasks to support program milestones.
- Developing DFMEA and coordinating computational analysis of components.
- Coordinating prototype builds and validation process and design validation testing.
- Interacting with product engineers and customers to assure product performs appropriately in vehicle specifications.
- Participating in cross functional teams in APQP process throughout the product development cycle.
- Performing failure analysis and problem resolutions, drawing conclusions from analysis performed and writing formal reports.
- Reviewing finite element analysis of components and assemblies.
- Coordinating component and assembly tests with product engineers to verify correlation with FEA results..
- Interacting with product engineering staff to propose, evaluate and recommend necessary design changes or other solutions.
- Occasional travel to Manufacturing sites as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineeringrequired.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience.
- Ideal candidate must possess strong global communication skills supporting engineering groups in China, Europe, and Mexico.