The RVP is responsible for developing and driving the overall sales within the region. They will work with theSVP of Sales, segment leaders, account executives, and marketing to grow Tandus Flooring’s market share in their territories.
Mid-Atlantic region covers: Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, half of New Jersey ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for territories in support of regional objectives.
- Manages pricing strategy by evaluating opportunities and managing company profit goals and expectations
- Accomplishes regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, coaching, counseling, and disciplining hourly and salaried employees in territories, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; reinforcing policies and procedures.
- Facilitates company policies and practices to manage voluntary and involuntary turnover within region tomaximize talent.
- Conduct periodic Talent Inventory Reviews.
- Maintains and expands customer base by coaching Account Executives; building and maintaining rapport withkey customers.
- Assists field sales team by expediting orders, claims process, assisting with development of RFP's and development of distribution systems.
- Determines territory strategy to succeed in cross-territory and cross-segment opportunities, coordinates withother RVP's inter-regional opportunities to facilitate team selling.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans in conjunction with marketing plans and forecasts to achieve objectives for region.
- Assist with hosting of key customers / potential customers at corporate headquarter and manufacturing facility visits (“mill visits”)
- Travel as necessary to maintain or create personal contact with current and potential customers, key stakeholders.
- Evaluates sales trends and research to adjust sales strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor sales and marketing activities.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Participates in sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed segment expansion.
- Coordinates between sales team and other cross functional partners including Human Resources, Finance, Manufacturing, Product Development, Marketing and Sales Leadership.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
REQUIREMENTS (including educational):
- Experience in similar role
- Experience in commercial carpet industry strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree
- Travel: 50 – 75%
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- High energy, passionate and high achievement orientation
- Team player attitude, collaborative style
- Extremely disciplined execution and follow through skills.
- Results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and with a team