Clinical Sales Consultant - Ankle Extremities
1. Manages the corporate sales targeting process and manage new business target lists and action plans for conversion; close targets to gain new business
2. Provides technical expertise to global offices, reps and agents through sales presentations, product demonstrations, implantation and maintenance of company products.
3. Works with Global Offices, Agents and Sales Representatives to meet existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how company products can help them to achieve their goals and meet patient/client’s needs. Work with Regional Sales Directors in determining needs and opportunities in respective Territories. Facilitate Agency sales meetings with focus on selling the product. Co-travel with agents and make sales calls with reps/agents
4. Promotes company products to current and potential customers within a defined market by providing clinical education of implant procedures and support for a variety of issues.
5. Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical, research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
6. Provides follow-up support to sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
7. In conjunction with Sales Training Department, responsible for Sales Training for respective product line(s). Functions as subject matter expert in delivering sales training.
8. Trains and educates Global Offices, Agents, Sales Reps and Customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using appropriate formats and platforms (e.g., platform training, slides, manuals, etc.) to keep Sales Reps and Customers abreast of new and existing products. Assist in coverage of third-party courses and medical education labs
9. Typically attends and may oversee surgeries/implants in a clinical setting including labs and operation rooms of hospital accounts. May perform patient follow-up to assure customer and patient success with the implanted products.
10. Develops and maintains business relationships with hospital personnel.
11. Be a team player
a. Improve the existing marketing and engineering teams’ selling skills
b. Work closely with the marketing personnel to convey field lessons, perceptions and market intelligence gleaned from extensive field exposure.
c. Provide inputs to annual marketing and training agenda;
d. Monitor and drive for improved profitability of individual agencies, including inventory turns, consignment and loaner policies. Collaborate with DOSs on corrective action where necessary. Collaborate with the DOSs on agent quotas.
e. Collaborate with the DOSs to ensure the DOSs remain engaged and focused on driving success with the product
f. In emergencies, help with case coverage
12. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
13. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products.
14. Identifies and makes contact with customer targets, builds relationships. Achieves the goals of the Sales department
15. Know and apply the Quality System and any appropriate Federal and International standards
16. Assist and support other employees, teams, and sales personnel as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required; Master’s Degree preferred
· A minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Strong understanding of orthopaedic industry
· Knowledge of market nationally
· Ability to interact with surgeons and sales personnel.
· Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
· Valid Driver’s License
· Acceptable driving record
· Ability to travel 75% of time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.